Scalable Path is looking for a Full-Stack Python and React Developer to work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position. The client is also open to candidates who are available part-time.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is a startup building a regulatory compliance platform for US-based financial advisors and asset managers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The client has an existing single-page SaaS web application that is used by financial advisors, traders, and stockbrokers in the US to help them with compliance. They have completed an MVP and are now looking to add/tweak features and improve operational efficiency and robustness to scale it to potentially thousands of users.
You will be responsible for improving existing components and building new frontend and backend components. Their tech stack is React/Next.js on the Frontend and Python/FastAPI/Postgres on the backend. Your work will be roughly equally split between frontend and backend.
- React/Next.js frontend
- Python/FastAPI backend
- Hosted on AWS
- Add new features (super admin interface, marketing material review and approval flow, document repository with ACLs, user groups, etc.)
- Upgrade existing features (message center, using more web sockets for better UX, crypto support, etc.)
- Reduce technical debt by refactoring the app and making code structure improvements
- You have worked on a large React application before
- Not required, but if you have Python experience that would be a plus (they are using FastAPI)
They are using Github Issues for task tracking, Slack for communication, and Github for source control.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be reporting to the CTO and work with a team of 3 developers. There is an existing daily meeting at 9:00 am America/Los Angeles (-07:00) PDT.
START DATE: As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION: 3-6 months
There is a possibility for the engagement to last longer if things go well.
- Python (Must have)
- Written English (Must have)
- Spoken English (Must have)
- React (Must have)
- CSS (Must have)
- PostgreSQL (Strongly preferred)
- SQLAlchemy (Strongly preferred)
- Next.js (Strongly preferred)
- FastAPI (Nice to have)