Who are we?
CircleBlack, Inc. provides financial advisors with technology that aggregates data, integrates other financial applications seamlessly, manages data from multiple custodians and delivers actionable intelligence about client portfolios, helping advisors better manage clients' wealth while growing and deepening advisor-client relationships. CircleBlack provides a leading platform built for the digital age, with a web-based and mobile application that can be taken anywhere and accessed anytime. CircleBlack's solution leverages proprietary technology that helps sustain the Company's unique competitive advantages. CircleBlack believes in making wealth management better, for both the investor and the advisor. For more information about CircleBlack, visit https://www.circleblack.com
We are looking for a passionate, forward thinker Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer to design, develop and maintain our software solutions. You will be working on building quality performing software that enables financial advisors to deliver real time data to their clients while adapting to industry trends. Ideal candidates should be passionate about solving complex problems while being able to design, develop and support industry-leading solutions using Node.JS in a fast paced environment.
- Design and develop NodeJS APIs, integrations, analytics engines, and infrastructure tools.
- Implement modern React user interfaces.
- Lead migration from one core application to another, while proposing and implementing modern performance optimizations and scaling strategies, such as React user interface.
- Drive software change while ensuring software deliverables comply with quality standards.
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders, designers and testers advising on impact, and performance to deliver the highest quality of software.
- Perform code reviews, suggesting improvements and ensuring adherence to best practices.
- Participate in an Agile development process.
- Developing for a full stack of technologies including NodeJS, Nginx, React, Angular 1, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Kibana, PHP, Perl, Python and/or Ruby, Redis on AWS Linux servers.
- Determine the root cause for complex software issues and develop practical solutions.
- Serve as technical team lead and act as a mentor to allow for skill development through coaching, and training opportunities.
- Ability to approach problems in a holistic manner, both tactical and strategic
- Continuously aware of leveraging coaching and mentoring opportunities with junior software engineers
- Creative, resourceful and outside- the- box thinking approach
- Initiator; natural “fixer” mentality
- Problem-solver and analytical
- 7+ years of application development experience; 4+ years experience using NodeJS. This is a must!
- 2+ years of experience with MySQL database development
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API and Database design in an agile environment and driving software change
- Hands on experience integrating third-party SaaS providers using a variety of technologies including at least some the following: REST, SOAP, SAML, OAuth, OpenID, JWT, Salesforce
- Experience working in a cloud environment, specifically AWS
- Experience with non-relational databases such as Mongo, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Ability to work independently, and remotely for the time being
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field