Full-Stack Software Engineer
SQUID is a digital loyalty platform founded in Dublin. Launched just one year ago, SQUID is now live in over 230 businesses across Ireland and the UK. We are a small, young team based in Ireland and working remotely due to COVID-19.
Thousands of individuals collect loyalty stamps in their local cafés, eateries and salons via the SQUID mobile app. Squid also has a web portal where our business customers can access their loyalty scheme and manage their account.
Why we need you?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented full-stack engineer to join our start-up to help us improve and scale our product. We are looking for a generalist- someone who enjoys the working on the backend, frontend, and all the processes in between. We are gaining traction in the market and searching for the right person to be key part of our next phase of growth.
Do you want to take our quick coding challenge? Message [email protected] for all the details.
- Play a part in every stage of the development life-cycle including planning, implementation, testing, and rollout.
- Report directly to C-level and work alongside our current Lead Developer who has developed the product since the prototype stage.
- Be able to develop new features from high-level specs and designs from the Head of Product, and take autonomy of your own work from planning to execution
- Improve our current code and system
- Optimise and automate processes
- Take full responsibility for test-driven development and QA
- Where necessary, work with external contract developers
- All applicants must be already in Ireland fully eligible to work freely here without restriction.
- 4+ years of professional industry experience in designing, developing, and debugging solutions
- 2-4+ year of experience in mobile app development
- degree in computer science, computer engineering or technical subject with relevant conversion course
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
+ Ideal Experience (as many as possible!)
- 5+ years industry experience
- Has experience working in a start-up and working on a large portion of the tech/ product ecosystem OR has worked on the app/mobile team of a larger company in a similar sector
- Has developed commercial native mobile apps with experience in Swift and Android Studio
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with web development, in particular a frontend framework like Vue.js
- Experience with UX Design
- Familiarity with Google Firebase and TypeScript
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge extracting and analysing data from mobile apps
Is SQUID for you?
Would you describe yourself as someone as passionate? Do you have ‘grit’? We are looking for a dependable problem-solver who strives to deliver clever and reusable solutions.
Do you have a strong track record of delivering on projects that you have worked?
Do you want to work in an agile start-up with a growth mindset?
We are looking for a problem-solver who can switch between focusing on finer details, to long-term growth and scalability. Our ideal candidate is dependable and strives for efficient, clever and reusable solutions. We want someone who can to self-teach, adapt to unfamiliar languages and systems and embrace the culture of continuous improvement. At SQUID, you will be able to see your features being used by thousands and your opinion and ideas will directly impact the company and your career progression.
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Work for an early stage and growing start-up, providing great opportunity for personal growth and career development
- Work from home (must be eligible to work in Ireland, and already based here)
- Flexible working hours outside of core contact hours
Contact the job poster
E: [email protected]
M: +353 (0) 86 0670565
DL + 353 (01) 582 7646