In-office locations: Dublin, Ireland.
Remote location(s): Ireland.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in coding, using either Java, C++ or Python.
- Experience building up full stack features, from UI (mobile/web) to backend systems.
- Experience in front end development.
- Familiarity with browser compatibility.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Founded as a startup in 2014 and acquired by Google in January 2020, Pointy was created with the goal of helping consumers more easily find products close to where they are and to give local retailers a way to stand out and build an online presence.
By combining highly innovative data collection hardware and software solutions with extremely easy-to-use merchant interfaces, Pointy offers a method for local brick-and-mortar merchants to make their inventory visible online via both organic and paid channels.
- Own major software components, systems, and features with significant impact, from initial design brainstorming to launch (and beyond), covering both the frontend and backend.
- Work closely with other teams within Pointy, Local Shopping, Commerce, Ads, and other areas.
- Help build and maintain our team culture of respect, collaboration, and attention to detail.