ruby on rails
An experienced full-stack engineer to join the Placeit team
What would I work on specifically?
- Build prototypes.
- Write technical specs.
- Journal your process.
- QA your work.
- Update tickets and keep work organized.
- Follow the methodologies that the company provides.
- Write efficient software.
- Work with stakeholders to understand tradeoffs.
- Follow up on issues/errors on a regular basis.
- HTML (different version) and their compatibilities.
- Component frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation.
- HTTP: how the protocol generally works and how browsers generally deal with it.
- Web sockets and web workers.
- Experience with AJAX libraries (jQuery is required and one of these three: Backbone, Angular or React).
- Possess a good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience designing, building large-scale Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience with common libraries such as RSpec and Rescue
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git, or SVN)
- Proficient in bash shell
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery
- Basic familiarity with networking systems, load balancers, and TCP/IP network constructs.
- Knowledge of performance and reliability monitoring strategies
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Server administration/automation experience
- Worked with Aurora, Kinesis and other AWS services
- Have worked in large scale applications with at least 100k users
- Any background in video, audio or image processing on the server-side
- Clever problem solver.
Personal Competencies Required
You need to know how to:
- Be clever about how to approach problems
- Be technically curious (learning on your own)
- Have a serious interest in understanding the goal behind your work
- Push for doing things the right way the first time around
- Have empathy for our users
- Follow a formal process approach to engineering.
What does your engineering process look like?
We do believe that most people have a planning bias so most would think that we spend quite a bit of time in trying to clear and organize our minds before starting any task. We call it “X Workflow”. You can read about X Workflow here.
What do we offer?
- Remote work in Mexico
- Private Medical Insurance
- Saving funds
- Full Law Benefits
- 10 days of paid holidays
- Profit-sharing (5% of company profits)
- Pay for roundtrip tickets to anywhere in Mexico 2x a year
- Inflation adjustment of salary
- Paid for educational courses
- Unlimited ebooks/books
- Topline equipment
If you are interested, submit your application here.