ruby on rails
Fully Remote - Lead Full Stack Developer - Meraki: Dashboard Team
Full time, Fully remote
At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full-stack teams build and maintain our web applications, which manages millions of network devices from our cloud. Our customers use the Meraki dashboard to monitor and configure critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
Meraki’s product Dashboard teams are small, fast paced teams striving to make our products unique by balancing feature-rich abilities and simplicity. Our full-stack engineers are well versed in a wide array of CS concepts and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack!
What you will do:
- Develop tools for customers to configure and monitor networking devices all over the world.
- Build intuitive and powerful workflows to tackle important problems for IT professionals around the world, by collaborating with product managers and UX designers.
- Solve challenging scaling problems to ensure a seamless user experience and high uptime.
- Identify and solve performance bottlenecks in our web application.
- Be a technical leader by helping other specialists make architectural design decisions while evangelizing engineering best practices.
- Be a unifying force connecting people and motivating others to do their best.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5-7+ years of experience writing professional production code and tests.
- 2-3+ years of experience in building rich web UIs with React (and Redux).
- 2-3+ years of experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails or Go.
- Take complete ownership from conception to production release by leveraging your ability to influence, facilitate, and work collaboratively across teams.
- Would thrive in a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Are a strong leading individual contributor and want to grow into a tech lead role.
- Are passionate about what you do and ignite people around you
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, and Postgres.
- Experience or willingness to work in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Have working knowledge of network protocols used on both local and wide-area networks.