ation Platform Community.com
amazon web services
Type of role: Full time, Fully Remote anywhere in the U.S. and Canada
Comp: $150k - $215k (highly dependent on experience + work location) + Attractive Series A Equity + various other benefits
Role title: Senior Dev. Lead / Technical EM (Backend focused)
Tech Stack: Elixir, Python, AWS, Docker, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, RabbitMQ
About the role and your impact:
As a Senior Development Lead on the Integrations pod, you will be leading a team of experienced Elixir engineers to integrate our text messaging platform to SMS carriers and SaaS APIs. The pod owns pivotal services that process our high volume inbound/outbound traffic. You and your team will build on top of our cutting-edge event sourcing system that connects our users via SMS messages, mobile and web apps.
You will be working with a distributed, remote-first team that spans North America, Europe, and beyond. Your day-to-day will focus on growing a healthy team, writing code, pairing with other engineers, and working with stakeholders to deliver innovative features. Last but not least - we are growth-oriented, both as a company and as individuals: we take learning seriously and invest in growing our skills and our team's capabilities.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the design and implementation of features with an obsessive focus on solving customer problems and operational excellence
- Work with senior members of technical staff to drive architectural and best practices decisions
- Write code and pair with engineers (more coding responsibilities when the team is small)
- Grow and retain a team of talented engineers; maintain our healthy engineering culture.
- Manage your team's roadmap in collaboration with product managers and designers.
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years experience in microservices development with a recent focus on Elixir and related technologies.
- 2+ years in leading a SaaS engineering team
- MarTech integrations (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, Pardot) experience a big plus.
- Strong desire to be on the Engineering Management track
- Ability to organize and communicate complex projects that involve cross-functional stakeholders.
- A track record of shipping on time and at quality in agile environments.
- A positive attitude about what you do
- Bonus: Event Sourcing Systems, Twilio/Open Market integrations experience.
- Our backend is largely asynchronous, written in Elixir, running in Docker containers, on a distributed, scheduled platform on AWS. We work w/ PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, and RabbitMQ among others.