Software Engineer - Platform EngineeringLocation: Remote
We are a fully remote software engineering team working on the company's next generation security platform. Our goal is to increase the security posture of all of our customers while building a collaborative and innovative engineering culture. We are a proud member of the Dell Technologies family and offer competitive benefit and compensation packages and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results.
The platform team focuses on backend service and tooling development for other teams and customers to use. We build performant GraphQL APIs using Golang and Kubernetes for different features of our product, creating and reviewing designs for new projects, building robust software that other teams and customers can use, and collaborating with other internal and external engineering teams to solve problems, as well as building our internal authorization systems. If there is backend work we are involved in one way or another - and our goal as a team is to raise the bar of engineering practices across the larger organization.
Our primary tech stack consists of Golang, Kubernetes, Postgres, and Elasticsearch, but we also use tools like ScyllaDB, Redis, Kafka, SQS, and various other AWS services as well.
Skills and Requirements
We expect to see:
- Solid programming skills in Golang with experience developing applications similar to our tech stack
- Strong understanding of database fundamentals
- Strong understanding of common attack vectors and defensive programming skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and an ability to work through problems and get stakeholders and team mates to align
- Excellent debugging skills with the ability to walk from UI down to backend services and tracking where problems are happening
- Self motivating and self directed, great at communicating complex ideas with remote teams
What we like to see (but not required):
- Experience working with kubernetes and designing microservice applications
- Remote work experience with a geographically distributed team (currently we have teammates in PST to GMT time zones)
- Experience working with UI developers, product managers, and UX researchers
- Comfortable working knowledge of a cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or similar
We are a remote first team and are geographically distributed across the US, Canada, and UK - we utilize tools like Mattermost, Google Meet, Zoom to facilitate communication and tools like Miro and Lucid Charts for diagramming and communicating ideas. We also believe in a strong work-life balance and providing support for team members to accomplish that. We are a family first company that values our team members and has benefits and a culture that will help them through important life events - such as taking care of family, parental leave, etc. We also value continuing education and skills development and have Tech Tuesdays where team members can present to the engineering organization, 3rd parties coming in and giving presentations, as well as training for services like AWS and Kubernetes.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.