Who you are
- You have 2+ years of experience in Growth, Marketing or a similar role.
- You've sent tens of thousands of cold emails as part of an Outbound process.
- You know your way around no-code tools – Webflow, Zapier, Airtable – and you love automating your way out of repetitive processes.
- You enjoy spreadsheets and pivot tables, and know the difference between a VLOOKUP and an INDEX MATCH
- You are familiar with Growth frameworks, and the concept of Growth experiments.
- You are smart and scrappy, and willing to figure out what you don't know to get stuff done with minimum supervision.
- You are a proactive, effective communicator, and excited about working in a diverse, distributed team.
What you will do
- You'll own our internal Growing a Fellowship playbook and, sometimes, work with recently onboarded Program Directors to execute Announcements for new programs.
- You'll support Program Directors in setting up a growth engine that generates qualified applications every single week.
- You'll have a birds-eye view of the health of the pipeline for every program, and supporting ad-hoc Growth initiatives and projects, as required.
- Identify (and deploy) Growth process improvements that will benefit the organization.
- Track and report on Growth metrics (you'll report to Gonz, our Head of Growth.)
Why you might be excited about us
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Marc Andreessen, Keith Rabois, Chris Dixon, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
Why you might *not* be excited about us
- We're small (~70 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.