Public Health Institute
IT Ops Engineer/Project Manager
Posting Number: #060-21
Classification Title: IT Operations Technical Lead
Program Name: PHI Central
Program Areas: IT/Systems (Program/Project)
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Position Summary Technical leader focusing enterprise services, and the enhancement, optimization, security, and maintenance of systems and services in a Virtualized/Cloud/Physical IT hybrid environment. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Partner with IT leadership to identify and address opportunities for technical enhancement and improvement of PHI IT environment.
Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options, make recommendations, and lead implementation.
Serve as Technical/Project lead for IT Operations and projects
Participate in the design and implementation of IT solutions.
Develop and maintain monitoring and alerts to ensure uptime and meet SLA levels
Develop and maintain configuration management and automation
Identify, drive and implement process and technology improvements
Effectively manage people and projects as necessary
Support PHI production applications, users and clients
Participates in training and mentoring other IT Operations staff
Acts as a technology resource for entire IT organization
Additional tasks as assigned
- 8+ years of experience in IT Operations roles
- Bachelor's degree in a relative area or 4 additional years of deep technical experience
- Experience supervising technical staff preferred
- Experience in data center operations, planning, and deployments
- Expertise automating system administration tasks with configuration management and scripting tools
- Aptitude for analyzing and troubleshooting operating system, networking, configuration, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, and security
- Experience with deploying and maintaining Microsoft Windows infrastructure and services
- Ability to install, configure and maintain Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) and open-source services such as Nginx, Apache, Apache Tomcat, Postfix, and git
- Experience with monitoring (SIEM, Splunk, Nagios, etc.)
- Experience with Network architecture including load balancers, switches, routers, and IDP/IDS
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical staff
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, customer service skills
- Ability to lead and contribute as a technical resource for others
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Enterprise iSCSI SAN (EMC) storage and disk subsystems
- VMware VxRail Hyperconverged management, troubleshooting
- Deep understanding of internet and networking protocols.
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position
Open Date: 02/12/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Location: Oakland, CA (Remote)
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2165499
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.