CompuCom Systems, Inc. provides end-to-end managed services, technology and consulting to enable the digital workplace for enterprise, midsize and small businesses. CompuCom delights with individual experiences, drives workplace collaboration and productivity, and delivers operational performance and efficiency.
As the Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will work closely with solution architects, business stakeholders, and developers to identify, design, deploy and maintain cloud-based application and infrastructure supporting services for a variety of platforms at CompuCom. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience in systems design, application support, deployment, operations, monitoring and maintainability across both on-premises data center and cloud environments. You design, deploy, and maintain a broad array of cloud-based technologies and supporting services with a focus application services availability, performance, and cost optimization. The SRE must be proficient in a broad array of common cloud-based services. SRE s work in conjunction with fellow developers and operations members to come to the best possible solution to meet application and services SLO, SLA, and SLI as defined by the business. The SRE works to increase efficiency, eliminate downtime, optimize costs, and maintain performance at scale for applications and services.
This position is remote and will require you to interact with your colleagues and leadership remotely.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Developers to design, deploy, and maintain highly available cloud-based solutions that meet application and services availability and reliability objectives through automation.
- Design, deploy, and maintain infrastructure as code for all infrastructure, services, upgrades, and management of cloud-based solutions and services. Build and maintain monitoring and reporting capabilities in support of application and services instrumentation necessary to support agreed upon application SLA, SLO, and SLI.
- Standardize, Build, Manage and Support through automation both Windows and Linux based environments, and cloud-based services in support of business applications and services. This includes support and troubleshooting of OS, application, and related cloud-based services.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly uptime and status reports for production and critical internal infrastructure with a focus on performance and cost optimization as part of a continuous improvement effort.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- 5+ years in an operations or systems administration role with Windows and Linux administration experience.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with performance monitoring & diagnostic tools (Preferred).
- 2+ years of experience with Infrastructure as Code tools, services, and implementation (Preferred).
- Proficient with services/solution design and operation on one or more cloud provider, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Full stack troubleshooting.
- Hands on DevOps tools and processes.
- Proficient in automation of Cloud operational tasks, code deployment, and Monitoring.
- Industry experience providing hands-on technical expertise to design, deploy, secure, and optimize Cloud services.
- Design network and cloud infrastructure.
- Develop databases for storage, retrieval and usage of data.
- Secure computer systems from damage, unauthorized use and exploitation.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional Or Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect.
- Infrastructure as Code tools; Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible, Docker, etc.
- Expert knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure, services and deployment of infrastructure as code.
- Expert knowledge of Linux OS capabilities.
- Expert knowledge of DevOps concepts and best practices.
- CI/CD implementation expertise.
- Issue troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to work in an agile methodology and experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Proven documentation skills, and understanding the value of process/procedures.
- Strong communication skills with requirement to engage with developers, engineers, C-level, and clients.
CompuCom is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: cloud architect, equipment, http, information architect, infrastructure architect, ip, network, senior engineer, senior system engineer, systems integration architect