Job Summary: The full stack Java Developer will work with other developers to assist in the overall development effort of our IT company - directly implement code, processes, and automation over a wide range of technologies and problem spaces.
Position Type: Full-time with great benefits Salary: Negotiable, based on demonstrated experience Travel: No
Mandatory Job Requirements Pursuant to government contracts, this position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to have a Medium-Risk Background Investigation (BI).
- Assist in front-end and backend development on the Intelliworx platform and associated applications.
- Implement and assist in front-end unit and end-to-end tests.
- Identify root causes of issues, including troubleshooting UI/UX/508 compliance issues,(e.g., errors, incorrect processing, performance, etc.) and design remediation strategies.
- Follow application development standards (naming conventions, data access, security, etc.).
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve product quality and performance.
Required Skills and Experience: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when submitting a job application to Intelliworx for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items.
- Knowledge and experience in full life cycle of software development.
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of the interaction between front end user facing technologies and back-end server-side technologies, as well as the ability to choose between various options at all levels of the software stack to create the optimal desired outcome.
- Experience in developing secure, cloud-based web applications.
- Broad expertise in system-to-system integration technologies including front end web services, sql and data warehousing, extraction, transformation and load (ETL), and file loading required in order to collaborate with a wide range of integration partners.
- Experience with integration technologies including web services and the Spring and Hibernate web service frameworks (including a demonstrated proficiency in developing high-performance data access using Hibernate and Spring JavaConfig), file-based integrations, and XML and schema design.
- Broad experience with configuration management and continuous integration platforms, incident tracking systems, and scripting of development and deployment processes. Special emphasis on the Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, Jenkins, Confluence, etc.).
- Broad experience in User Interface and User Experience design and development.
- Ability to troubleshoot UI/UX/508 compliance issues (errors, incorrect processing, performance, etc.) and able to design remediation strategies for them.
- Experience in developing technical design requirements from functional specifications.
- Understands application development standards (naming conventions, data access, security, etc.).
- Experience in understanding various business and technical documentation, including proposals, specifications, and as-built documentation.
Education and Years of Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a full stack Java developer
- A BS in Computer Science or demonstrable equivalent training/experience
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong problem-solving, conceptual, and strategic-thinking skills.
- Experience with recognizing challenges, proposing solutions, and leading the implementation of new frameworks and processes.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience in understanding, identifying, and enhancing client requirements and communicating industry best practice to team members.
- Ability to identify opportunities to continuously improve product quality and performance.
- Communication, mentoring skills, and the ability to collaborate in the role as a lead developer, co-worker, or assistant.
- Ability to work independently from home.
Company Information Intelliworx is a small Veteran-Owned, technology company based in Dulles, Virginia, that converts cumbersome and inefficient organizational processes into automated, efficient web-based solutions, mainly for the federal government.
Intelliworx is a great company to work for! Our employees work remotely and value the work-life balance we promote. At Intelliworx, we do not punch a clock; we are part of the team and a valued part of the mission. Our philosophy of work is results-oriented. By following our principles of flexibility, constant communication, collaboration, and excellence in work, you will be part of a company that thrives on the cutting edge of technological change.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.