Hello, my name is Martin and I guide our IT teams towards self-organisation and efficiency. We´re looking for a Software Architect with DevOps experience to coach our Scrum teams to ensure the operability of our software already during the architecture phase.
Sounds interesting for you? Great!
Java Software Architect - Freelancer
As a Software Architect - Freelancer at Mercateo, you will be part of a remote and global team that is already living tomorrow's working world today. We are convinced that professionalism and good teamwork do not need co-location or borders.
What you’ll do:
- Together with your Scrum team, you create cloud native applications, based on decoupled business components with micro services and are responsible for the highly available and scalable operability of them.
- You influence architecture and design discussions across teams while taking operational aspects from the outset into account.
- You exchange ideas and concepts about cloud-based applications with other teams.
- You should be also prepared to develop mostly in a Java environment, but also be ready to use new languages and systems.
- Last but not least: You coach our software engineers through pair programming etc. and continuously develop an active learning culture.
What you’ll definitely need:
- You have already written excellent software and understand your work from design to excellent code in depth, which is permanently maintainable.
- You have outstanding skills in domain modeling, API design and the use of adequate persistence mechanisms.
- You are familiar with microservice architectures and can operate them scalably in the cloud.
- You have practical experience with the development of distributed, highly scalable systems and the development of REST-APIs or event-based interfaces.
- You understand complex technical contexts and can translate them into technically driven code.
What you can expect from us:
- High degree of creative freedom in a committed, fast-paced technological environment.
- Development of an exciting business model thanks to a modern technological landscape.
- An agile software company with flat hierarchies and open communication.
- A cool team where you can learn from each other and also contribute your own strengths.
- A thoughtful onboarding programme including networking cross-functionally.
- We encourage you to dedicate 10% of your working time to your professional development.
We are interested in long-term collaboration and that Mercateo is not just "one project" among others for you.
If you are passionate about designing and implementing architecture of complex software systems ensuring their operability with high availability, then hit the "Apply Now" button! And please feel free to share work samples, project links or/and open repositories e.g. GitHub with us - sharing is caring.