Allied Outdoor Solutions
(REMOTE/Work from Home - Must live in Texas)
You will work within a small team, to design and build web-based business applications. You will participate in the full software development lifecycle creating and deploying web applications.
Our team members collaborate and learn from each other to continually improve our practice of software engineering. You will leverage your strong knowledge of general programming languages, frameworks and deployment methodologies to build and deploy effective and efficient applications with well-tested code.
About Allied Outdoor Solutions
Does integrity define your character; does excellence define your actions? If so, you'll find a home here at Allied Outdoor Solutions, because our goal is to provide unparalleled integrity and competence throughout the entire process of our backyard construction projects.
We have made a simple, yet profound decision to be Built DIFFERENT.
What does it mean to be Built DIFFERENT? It means Allied Outdoor Solutions takes pride in being, well, just a bit different than other construction firms. We make our tough decisions easier and sometimes, tougher by putting integrity at the center of our decision-making processes. We surprise clients with the transparency of our operations. We respect our clients' intelligence by providing them with detailed literature and information on our processes and products. We never get comfortable with the quality of our builds: we think meeting our own high standards just means it's time to find higher ones. We're hyper-focused on doing what's right even when it doesn't make us popular. We're okay with being different, in the end, because we want to provide more than just a high-quality construction project: we want to make a difference in the lives of our colleagues, our clients, and our community.
By infusing passion into our mission we have found great success which now requires your help to continue to grow, enabling us to impact more clients' lives by helping them build spaces that will create lasting memories outdoors, for years after their project is complete.
If you're not self-motivated please do not apply. The right candidates can build an empire within our rapidly growing organization.
Beyond the fantastic culture, family feel and fulfilling work environment, the other obvious reason to read on, is the position itself.
- Design, develop, document, test, debug, deploy and support new software and enhancements to existing software
- Contribute to documentation of technical architecture and systems
- Participates as a member of the testing team to plan test cases and participate in in peer code reviews
- Analyze requirements and develop application designs with timely decisions on complicated technical problems
- Manage individual tasks and timelines with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Work with colleagues to define technical solutions that meet business requirements using agreed tools and technologies
- Contribute to the on-going development of best practices, identification of suitable new tools and system and service improvements
- Consistently exhibit a positive attitude and desire to help the team to succeed
- Demonstrate ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts.
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Discuss requirements with business users.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Personal characteristic: Honest, Dependable, Self-reliant, Analytical, Constant learner, Good communicator, Adaptable, Collaborative, Service-Oriented, Positive and a Problem-solver.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Java programming
- 3+ years Grails Web Framework and Groovy Language
- Front End - Bootstrap framework, HTML, CSS & JS with responsive design
- Leverage components from Metronic theme with light customization
- Back End - Groovy, Grails, Spring, Java
- Controllers, GSPs, Domain Classes, etc.
- Grails plugins (Spring Security, Fields, Asset Pipeline, etc.)
- Groovy features such as closures, dynamic typing and scripting
- Data Tier - MariaDB/MySQL
- Database Transactions
- SQL - Intermediate to Advanced
- Testing - Unit, Functional and Integration tests in Grails
- Version Control - Git
- Integrating with existing RESTful Web Services for SaaS services
- Automated testing - Geb, Selenium
- Kanban agile framework
- Feature branch Git Workflow
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- RDS, S3, EC2, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk and ElastiCache
- Tableau report development
- Integration with the following APIs:
- Google Drive/Google Sheets
- Google Calendar
- Atlassian tools
- Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket & Sourcetree
- Competitive salary
- Competitive medical / dental / vision
- 3 weeks PTO
- Paid holidays
- Remote/Work from Home
- Financial wellness program
Are you ready to finally have a job you love? If so, submit for information and we will contact you to get the conversation started.