This position is part of our Engineering Services EMEA. You will work on customer adaptions and implement customer specific features for our OX App Suite, a browser based email, communication and collaboration platform. You will be part of a team which is spread across Europe and you can do this job remotely from your home office or from any of our offices within Europe.
What we offer
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Middleware web development with Java 8, Linux, Docker, etc.
- Development work in close relationship to our customers
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas for our product
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with an Open Door policy
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency custom solutions for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team
- Web development on the middleware with the following techstack: Java 8, Junit, OSGi, Linux, Docker, Vagrant, Apache Kafka, ...
- Ensure designs are complete and in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
- Analysis of technical problems and communication with our customers in cooperation with our support team
- Collaborate cross-functionality with team members, project managers and other engineers in a self-organized way to achieve elegant solutions
- Support of our Sales-Engineering Team in technical questions for customer requests
- Strong focus on Customer relationships and service deliveries are part of your daily work
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 2-3 years hands-on Java software development experience
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Understanding of Relational Databases and SQL (MySQL, Galera), Familiarity with developing web applications would be a plus
- Ideally experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- A bonus would be: experience constructing RESTful endpoints for UI consumption and knowledge of Linux and Internet Services like Apache
- Good organizational skills and a proven ability to work as a member of a virtual team and individually in a remote situation
- Strong customer focused, team-oriented communication skills with emphasis on IT Infrastructure and software development
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly and to liaise effectively with other professionals, to understand exactly what customers require
- First work experience is desirable