ruby on rails
Device Magic is looking for a Jr Backend Software Engineer. The role will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will play a key part in backend development for our product while working with other members of the engineering development and support teams.
- Participate in product requirements discussions to understand objectives
- Translate end-user requirements and acceptance criteria into manageable development work items
- Interact with other internal teams to clarify requirements and use cases
- Collaborate with lead developer and other engineers to design high level application architecture
- Participate in all stages of the software lifecycle using Agile methods
- Design, maintain, and deliver high quality code
- Develop unit test cases and participate in code reviews
- Analyze application performance and refactor as needed to improve efficiency and code quality
- Report progress on issues and participate in team meetings.
- Bachelors’ degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years Ruby on Rails experience
- 5+ years practical Web Dev (HTML/CSS/JS & REST/SOAP APIs)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Experience with GitHub.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and analytical/problem-solving skills required.
Nice To Have:
- Contribution to public projects and/or gems
- Exposure to Redis, Rspec, Elixir/Phoenix, React
- Cloud development experience with AWS, Azure or other environment
- Experience working on complex, large-scale projects with a remote team
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits incl Medical/Dental/Vision/401k
- Flexible work arrangement