Use Before Flight
ruby on rails
We have a vacancy for a junior to mid-level Ruby on Rails / React Developer to join us on a full-time basis. You'll work as part of our industry-leading agile development team and collaborate closely with our in-house product owners and content experts on new features across our aviation app ecosystem.
If this sounds of interest, and you're passionate about creating clean code via a test-driven approach to software development, we'd love to hear from you (an interest in aviation will be a bonus!... But we can always work on that!)
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved with the following:
- Writing efficient, reusable and reliable Rails & React code using Test Driven Development and agile XP
- Taking wireframes/mockups and user stories and build systems that meet the requirements
- Challenge our Product Owners, where you have ideas for better ways to achieve the user stories - we love honest and constructive interactions!
- Code reviewing your team member's code and offer suggestions for improvements - we're all looking to continually learn better ways to do things
- Participating in our weekly demo-retro-planning sessions with the Product Owners and take an active part in our developer stand-ups
- Contributing to creating a dynamic and fun culture of writing excellent software with open & honest team communication
- Working effectively both remotely and on-premises in a selected post-COVID co-working space (we're very flexible on how much of each location)
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- Junior to mid-level experience with Ruby on Rails and React across multiple projects
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject is desirable
- A right to live and work in Spain (and/or Europe)
- Exceptional level of spoken and written English
Our 3-part selection process consists of:
1. Initial phone chat with our HR team (30 mins)
2. Remote code test (2-3 hours at your convenience)
3. Code pairing, interview with management & meet the team (1/2 day)
For part (3), we provide a €150 Amazon or Apple gift card as a thank-you for your commitment to the process.
The Benefits of working with Use Before Flight
- Competitive salary
- Permanent Spanish contract
- Flexible hours and location - we all have a life to juggle!
- 22 paid leave days per year plus two days at Xmas + all national holidays based on Madrid calendar
- Annual equipment allowance
- Annual professional studies allowance
- A fun working atmosphere working amongst an enthusiastic and dynamic team
- We offer long-term career prospects with opportunities to develop – we're really going places, and the job is what you make it!