ruby on rails
Language Agnostic Staff Software Developer, Client Experience
We are currently seeking a Staff Software Developer to join one of our Client Experienceteams. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
What your team does:
We are creating a new market category with our Client Experience (CX) portfolio. This collection of products and features aims to revolutionize the legal industry by helping lawyers deliver client-centric experiences that improve the accessibility of legal services, elevates the experiences of clients dealing with a legal issue, and ultimately transforms the practice of law. This is a rapidly growing portfolio that we believe will be a key driver in Clio’s growth over the next decade.
A day in the life might look like:
- Working with a team of developers to solve complex problems and provide elegant solutions to Clio customers;
- Working in an agile development environment;
- Using a wide variety of technologies, learning new things, and challenging yourself;
- Participating in diverse projects and collaborating with multiple engineering teams across three countries;
- Reviewing code and having your code reviewed; mentoring and being mentored by other Clio developers. Thrive as #TeamClio.
- Doing the best work of your life, enjoying collaborating with your coworkers,
- Playing a role in transforming the practice of law, for good.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- 7+ years experience in software development, specifically with building web applications at scale and Ruby on Rails;
- The ability to master new technologies quickly and work effectively in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment that includes distributed teams and customers;
- Demonstrated success in mentorship in software development, particularly using an Agile process and with large scale SaaS products;
- A diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects); and
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build trusted relationships with fellow Clions and customers.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a Distributed by Design workplace, which means a workplace that is built around you. This means that Clio offers employees the opportunity to work from one of our offices or in a distributed manner across Canada. At Clio, distributed working has been built into our culture from day one, with teams (and, at times, founders) distributed across provinces and time zones. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are set up to succeed no matter where they live in Canada. We want all team members to feel like they're able to do their best work here, and we're committed to supporting that whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.