Lead Cyber Security Engineer (Threat and Vulnerability Management)
Lead Cyber Security Engineer (Threat and Vulnerability Management) - 100% remote!
Optomi, in partnership with a startup software and analytics company is seeking a Lead Cyber Security Engineer over T&VM! The Lead Threat and Vulnerability Engineer will POC new tolls and implement them, and drive this program. The Threat and Vulnerability Management program provides comprehensive and up to date information about hardware and software assets to enable discovery, categorization, vulnerability collection, assessment, triage, patching, and response capabilities at scale, flawlessly. You will build meaningful relationships with teams and management in different business units to drive implementation, execution, metrics, and sustainability of program objectives that allow security operations to continuously improve the ability to protect and respond to vulnerabilities and threats to their footprint.
What the right person will enjoy:
- Ability to lead the development of a new T&VM program!
- 100% remote opportunity, no expectations to travel or be onsite in the future
- Tons of growth potential. This team believes in knowledge-sharing and has a ton of Cloud Security, IR and Analysts in place today
- POC new TVM tools and implement them
- Working with a team and company who prides themselves on their incredible culture!
- Identifying, analyzing, prioritizing, and eradicating cyber threats and vulnerabilities across environment
- Utilize tools leveraged by the Threat & Vulnerability Management team to perform vulnerability assessments and monitoring in accordance with NERC CIP and company standards
- POC new tools and implement them
- Request and track mitigations to address cyber vulnerabilities
- Work with internal stakeholders and business units to identify asset owners and develop remediation plans and vulnerability reports.
- Perform risk assessments of identified vulnerabilities to determine and communicate necessary response actions required based on assessed level of threat.
- Develop and improve processes and metrics to advance and mature the threat and vulnerability management function.
- Lead initiatives to improve the threat & vulnerability management function and promote best practices for remediating cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Develop vision, roadmaps and plans with executive management to expand the vulnerability program to public clouds.
- Engage customers, partners and internal stakeholders to determine business requirements, technical considerations and strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with PM, engineering and operations peers to deliver strategic and tactical plans and objectives for the public cloud programs.
- Strive to continuously improve current vulnerability and asset management assessment coverage depth, quality and capabilities through new services or processes
Apply today if your background includes:
- 5-8+ years of related Cybersecurity experience, 2+ years working as a security engineer
- Advanced threat and vulnerability knowledge and the ability to work independently to create and implement work products and initiatives
- Experience performing research on cyber threats and vulnerabilities and utilizing vulnerability assessment tools (Tenable or Rapid7 preferred)
- Experience configuring a T&VM tool
- Software or IT industry experience preferred