AssemblyAI is the #1 rated API for speech recognition and has become the go-to solution for developers. Think the "Stripe of Speech Recognition".
Beyond just Automatic Speech Recognition, AssemblyAI builds APIs that help developers understand their audio and video files. For example, with features like Topic Detection, Summarization, and Sentiment Analysis - AssemblyAI is the only API offering a suite of developer tools for companies to build exciting applications with their audio and video data.
Thousands of developers use our APIs to transcribe millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day - powering innovative products like visual voicemail, meeting summarizers, and closed captioning. We have already grown our revenue about 5x in the past year, and are backed by leading investors including Y Combinators AI Fund, Patrick and John Collision (Founders of Stripe), Nat Friedman (Former CEO of GitHub), and Daniel Gross (Entrepreneur & Investor in companies including GitHub, Uber, Coinbase, SpaceX, Instacart, Notion, and Cruise Automation).
AssemblyAIs Speech-to-Text APIs are already trusted by Fortune 500s, startups, and thousands of developers around the world, with well-known customers including Spotify, Algolia, Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal, and NBCUniversal. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in speech recognition. To do that, we are hiring a world-class team to help us build an iconic deep learning company that will be just as well-known as Twilio or Stripe!
AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and were searching for a driven and dedicated Lead DevOps Engineer to work on our multi-functional team. With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, its the perfect time to join the AssemblyAI team.
In this role youll have the opportunity to:
- Ensure AssemblyAIs Cloud Infrastructure Serves Our Teams Critical Goals. Your primary focus will ensure our cloud infrastructure serves our critical team goals such as security, reliability, scalability, performance, and profitability.
- Help Lead AssemblyAIs Infrastructure Efforts. As part of the team, you will lead our efforts to architect, design, implement and test new infrastructure for our CI pipelines and production monitoring systems which will help our team ship and support high-quality software quickly and reliably.
- Enable Internal Teams to Achieve Key Business Initiatives. You will work closely with software engineers, customer support, go-to-market, and product managers to provide DevOps support and expertise for key initiatives. You will serve as a subject matter expert to internal teams to ensure that the deployment, management, and introspection tooling for our infrastructure is automated, secure, and appropriately abstracted so its easy for our developers to use and maintain.
We are a fully remote team made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, Speech Recognition, and NLP from places like Amazon, Cisco, Apple, BMW, and MyCroft. Our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win - and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential!
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered)
- Vision & Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 3-4x/year company paid team retreats