We Got POP Ltd
Lead Full Stack Developer
We Got POP London based or fully remote within the UK.
Be a part of the magic! Our technology platform has helped the industry produce blockbuster franchises like Avengers, Fast & Furious, and Wonder Woman. This is a great chance to join the revolution transforming the entertainment industry. We are growing and are seeking experienced developers who can help us deliver our vision for a fairer, more transparent future for high-end content production. We’re an open organisation and understand that you are a person and not just a code-production unit.
We want to find a collaborator who loves to be part of a team, someone is technically capable and also future-looking who can communicate clearly and collaborate effectively to make a great customer experience happen. We are looking for someone with good technical experience as we want to focus on helping you understand the world of film and television and what our clients need rather than helping you learn about technology.
What will you be doing?
You'll be working as part of a cross-functional team tackling a specific business problem which might be enhancing some of our existing functionality to help make it more useful, or creating a whole new feature set for a new audience. Whatever happens the work is going to be varied!
We'd want you to have a commitment to the idea of solving problems with working software. Leading by example and taking the initiative to break impasses and help the whole team move forward collectively.
We also want you to bring an engaged, informed voice to our technical discussions. As a team we are constantly trying to find the right balance of innovation and convention in our use of technology.
We'll also want you to find it natural to share what you know with colleagues and to want to support them. We have internal training and knowledge-sharing sessions and you'll be expected to be part of supporting and sustaining that culture as well as learning yourself.
While line management is not mandatory we would like you to have empathy and a desire to connect with and support other members of the team. We'd like you to be able offer support and energy to those who would benefit from it. If you are interested in line management, we will support you with personalised coaching to help you manage yourself and give you a safe place to talk about how to develop and support others.
How do we work?
Typically we use an informal Lean Agile process where empowered self-organising teams are granted a lot of autonomy to pursue the business objectives they've been set. This means there can be a lot of variability in how exactly teams operate as what works for an experimental discovery project isn't the same as delivering work for a big feature film on a deadline.
You'll prefer the freedom to refine your ways of working instead of following a prescribed process. We're a small team so we are always interested in techniques and solutions that maximise our impact and which help people join the team and be productive quickly. We have regular forums for discussion and hold retrospectives on projects and incidents to try and make sure we are always seeking to improve. We would like you to be proactive in seeking to fix problems and build on success.
- Work with a brilliant and committed team of industry experts and specialists and a supportive, hands-on leadership team
- Be a key decision maker at an early stage of new business lines but without the startup uncertainty
- People are our assets, not our resources
- Transparency is a company value with company updates open to everyone
- Competitive salary, 24 days holiday, company laptop
- Company Perkbox access (after passing probation)
- Time at work for professional and industry networking and learning
- Our production credits in the UK: https://www.wegotpop.com/pages/uk/production/credits/
- Our casting client’s credits in the UK: https://www.wegotpop.com/pages/uk/casting-agents/credits/
- Our technical stack: https://stackshare.io/we-got-pop/pop-is-putting-people-on-productions
- Our interviewing process: https://wegotpop.github.io/principles-and-practices/policies/interviews.html
- Our team Dev.to blog: https://dev.to/wegotpop