Luma Financial Technologies
As Luma's Lead Java Software Engineer you understand that it's critical to leverage tech frameworks so you can move quickly through the ever-changing landscape at a software company. Thriving in a fast-paced environment, you will help drive development standards and be tasked with creating and managing APIs. Our services run on AWS and we use just about every technology Amazon offers. We have a browser-based application (Angular 10) and our backend services are mostly written in Java/Spring.
This is an opportunity to work on a product that will truly make an impact on the financial industry as a whole. The work you do will have far-reaching effects at scale. The engineering team is exceptional and driven, but we maintain a good work-life balance.
If you enjoy delivering exceptional solutions through a balanced mix of technology, problem solving, analytics, and leadership, then this job is for you.
The Lead Java Software Engineerwill:
- Handle overall development strategy for the Post-Trade platform within Luma.
- Design and specify API interfaces for microservices that enable specific functionality within that architecture.
- Communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately at all levels and audiences within the organization, with occasional external client interaction.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to development team members in the implementation of scalable solutions.
- Work closely with the Team Lead, Product Owner and Business Analyst to define the scope of work and provide estimates for use in planning efforts.
- Utilize development best practices, such as unit and integration testing.
- Develop scalable code for microservices endpoints to match API specifications.
- Use svn-based version control and continuous integration tools to manage code and deployment processes.
- Adapt easily to changing priorities and new requirements.
Strengths most helpful in this role:
- A passion for broad software development process, architectural styles and design patterns and its technologies.
- Problem-solving, identifying opportunities, and listening skills to come up with creative solutions and strategies.
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages.
What we require:
- Experience (3 years or equivalent) with leading a technical team and delivery of complex software solutions
- Experience (7+ years or equivalent) with Java (Spring Framework) technologies
- Experience (7+ years or equivalent) with relational & NoSQL databases
- Experience (7+ years or equivalent) with Linux and Unix
- Expert proficiency in creating architectural designs for gradually complex designs
- Expert consulting, negotiating, communicating, consensus building, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to self-start and adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Ability to adapt designs for iterative implementation to meet constrained delivery timeframes
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
What we offer:
- Competitive Industry Salary + Yearly Performance Bonus
- Health/Vision/Dental insurance effective first day of employment
- 21 days of PTO + 10 Holidays
- 401k match 100% vested after 6 months
- Lunch and learns + team building events
Luma Financial Technologies began over 10 years ago with a mission to create a fully customizable, multi-product, multi-issuer, carrier neutral platform that took the complexities out of managing complex financial products, and give advisors smart solutions that they can believe in. Our award-winning platform, and our people, have earned Luma the privilege to partner with some of the largest financial institutions in the world, helping them originate over $25B annually, and helping Luma become the unquestioned global leader in financial technology that supports Structured Products.
While Luma has expanded into the Annuity category, and opened offices in Latin America and Europe, andour award-winning global technology and our people remain true to our mission of transparency, objectivity, and integrity, with a comprehensive, company-agnostic platform, clear pricing structures and customizable solutions. We are leading a global movement to bring bank leaders and advisors smart solutions they can really believe in.