Best Secret GmbH
We are Europe’s most exclusive closed fashion shopping community and are on our way
to become the #1 online destination for off-price fashion in Europe. With our diverse team of more than 1,700 international fashion and technology enthusiasts from over 70 countries we create an extraordinary online shopping experience for all of our members.
We are driven by a passion for making designer fashion accessible to our Europe-wide members at unbeatable prices. Our Tech teams are the foundation for all our products and services we offer to our customers and colleagues. We are excited about developing technology that adds value to every touchpoint between people and fashion.
Lead Software Engineer Java (f/m/d) | on-site or remote
Our agile Software Engineering team operates within a wide range of technologies such as Java, Spring Boot, Hybris, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Vue.js, GraphQL, Gitlab, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure and more. In addition to our direct, in-house tech stack, there is also a large number of integrated specialist-service providers, e.g. payment service providers.
- You will design, build and run the systems that deliver our web shop experience, leading your team, but staying close to the code
- Close collaboration with product teams to enable quick and continuous delivery of business value
- You will lead and enable your team to software design & architecture decisions to ensure our e-commerce platform is highly scalable and supports the strong growth of our business
- As a coach you will guide your team, creating a healthy, collaborative work environment
- You align with your peers across other engineering teams, evolving the overall architecture where synchronization is needed or beneficial
- Proven track record of about 8+ years of practical experience designing and building Java based software in complex, large-scale environments
- You have experience as a technical or team leader, taking care of team culture and growth, the quality of your teams' software and how it interacts with other systems, and the creation of business value
- You are not only passionate about building new applications with the latest technologies, but also about working with and future-proofing existing large-scale applications, e. g. by decomposition
- You are an effective communicator on complex technical or business topics, within your team and across different roles in the company
- The community is very important to you and knowledge sharing is essential for your and the success of surrounding teams
- Fluent English language skills ( German or Spanish is a plus ) in combination with in-depth methodological knowledge in agile environments like Scrum or Kanban
Our offer to you
- Join our journey and work with us in a flexible and mobile working environment
- Food for the brain through individualised trainings and courses with freedom for your own personal development
- Work in the environment and with state-of-the-art equipment where you can perform at your best
- Remote: Wether you live in Berlin, Hamburg, Köln, Frankfurt, Stuttgart or Leipzig – working independently of location (e.g. mobile working) is possible with us
- Dress up with BestSecret‘s attractive staff discounts
- Stay healthy with our company health management scheme
- Attractive salary package and 30 days off vacation
- Highly motivated colleagues in an innovative environment
Is this job exactly what you’re looking for?
Perfect! Then apply now. We look forward to receiving all your application documents, stating your earliest possible start date and your salary expectations.
Don’t have a cover letter or references/credentials handy? No problem! Just a CV is enough for an initial impression.
Best Secret GmbH