Best Secret GmbH
Hello. We are BestSecret. And we will tell you the secret.
We are Europe’s most exclusive closed fashion shopping community and are on our way
to become the #1 online destination for off-price fashion in Europe. With our diverse team of more than 1,700 international fashion and technology enthusiasts from over 70 countries we create an extraordinary online shopping experience for all of our members.
Lead Software Engineer Java (f/m/d) | on-site or remote
Our agile Software Engineering team operates within a wide range of technologies such as Java, Spring Boot, Hybris, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Vue.js, GraphQL, Gitlab, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure and more. In addition to our direct, in-house tech stack, there is also a large number of integrated specialist-service providers, e.g. payment service providers.
- You will design, build and run the systems that deliver our web shop experience, leading your team, but staying close to the code
- Close collaboration with product teams to enable quick and continuous delivery of business value
- You will lead and enable your team to software design & architecture decisions to ensure our e-commerce platform is highly scalable and supports the strong growth of our business
- As a coach you will guide your team, creating a healthy, collaborative work environment
- You align with your peers across other engineering teams, evolving the overall architecture where synchronization is needed or beneficial
- Proven track record of about 8+ years of practical experience designing and building Java based software in complex, large-scale environments
- You have experience as a technical or team leader, taking care of team culture and growth, the quality of your teams' software and how it interacts with other systems, and the creation of business value
- You are not only passionate about building new applications with the latest technologies, but also about working with and future-proofing existing large-scale applications, e. g. by decomposition
- You are an effective communicator on complex technical or business topics, within your team and across different roles in the company
- The community is very important to you and knowledge sharing is essential for your and the success of surrounding teams
- Fluent English language skills ( German or Spanish is a plus ) in combination with in-depth methodological knowledge in agile environments like Scrum or Kanban
Our offer to you
- Be part of our success story and work with us in a flexible and depending on your role, mobile working environment within Germany
- Individual training and innovation formats for your personal development
- Experience an environment with state-of-the-art equipment where you feel comfortable and can develop best
- Dress up with BestSecret‘s attractive staff discounts
- Stay healthy with our corporate memberships at exclusive fitness- and wellness clubs in Germany
- Attractive salary package and 30 days off vacation
- Highly motivated colleagues in an innovative environment are waiting for you
Is this job exactly what you’re looking for?
Perfect! Then apply now. We look forward to receiving all your application documents, stating your earliest possible start date and your salary expectations.
Don’t have a cover letter or references/credentials handy? No problem! Just a CV is enough for an initial impression.
BestSecret is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
For reasons of better readability, the language forms male, female and diverse (m/f/d) are not used simultaneously. All personal terms apply equally to all genders.
Best Secret GmbH