Catapult Services LLC
Our client prides itself on making a difference, be it to their customers, or their very own employees. They constantly strive to improve their award-winning culture to make it a great place to work. Designing and building their platform is an exciting challenge. They require the brightest developers, designers and QA testers to bring desktop software functionality to the web, often pushing the limits of web browsers.
We know the perks matter so here are some of the great rewards that our client offers:
- Competitive salary
- 100% fully-remote work for work-life balance (no, not just because of the pandemic)
- Great work-life balance including a 40-hour typical workweek, unlimited PTO, and half-day Fridays
- Stock options and 401K match
- Premium health insurance
- Top-line gear (15" MacBook Pro, iPad, external monitor, etc.)
- Paid parental leave
- Virtual team-building experiences and an amazing company culture
What's the opportunity?
As a Lead Software Engineer, you'll bring your expertise and passion for writing clean code and developing seamless user experiences to a small, fast-paced team.
In this role, you'll:
- Lead a cross-functional team responsible for the development of the applications and facilitate collaboration between the Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, Designers and Product Managers on your team to implement improvements, new features, bug fixes and more.
- Manage the Software Engineers on your team, helping them grow in their careers, understanding their concerns and delivering constructive feedback.
- Work with product management to decide how work is prioritized within the team and assist in maintaining a team roadmap and release commitments.
- Meet regularly with senior management to communicate team status and roadblocks and work closely with stakeholders on other teams when needed to achieve the team's and company's goals.
- As a technical leader, answering any questions that come up while also leading solutions discussions, making decisions when needed and being the example for writing clean, maintainable code.
- Providing architectural guidance to your teammates and pushing them towards better development decisions, working with them to improve their architectural judgement.
- Define and maintain an efficient and clear team process and uphold your team to our engineering standards and core values.
- Participate in leading the response for service disruptions and hotfix releases.
- Be an advocate for team improvement, through new technologies or processes, soliciting ideas from the team.