Lead UI/UX Product Designer (Remote)
*Remote Friendly Position, hiring within the US, light travel expectations*
*For consideration, Please submit a link to your portfolio*
As The Lead UI/UX Product Designer for Madison Reed, you will define and enhance the digital customer experience over broad device ecosystems through digital & brick and mortar journeys. With your direct reports, you will have influence and lead design process definition, interaction models and visuals systems in order to enhance what resonates with the consumer, utilizing your artistic skills helping define and enhance the Madison Reed digital experience for customers daily.
What You Will Do:
- Lead design projects for web, mobile, tablets working both individually and in a team
- working closely with the creative and acquisition teams
- Lead a lean team of designers to execute on company goals
- Create world-class UI, visuals and layouts supporting/reinforcing product vision, brand, and business objectives.
- Communicate findings, concepts/ideas, design, and rationale visually while maintaining effective & concise communication.
- Development & implementation of design best practices.
- Advocate for clients & integrate user research in the design process.
- Illustrates a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead projects, including defining deliverables, timelines, budget and staff requirements.
- Be an important bridge between design and front-end engineering.
- Participate in design forums & collaborate with other UX, UI and Product Managers on brainstorming & other ideation sessions.
- Strategic in exploration and resolution of specific issues related to digital experience.
What you will need:
- 5+ years of experience in product, web, mobile, interaction design; 2+ years leading designers desired.
- Proficient in designing digital applications for the web and mobile devices.
- Experience with management and/or support of usability test sessions, in addition to synthesizing feedback into action points;
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes.
- Fluent in interaction design skills from architecture, flow mapping, to prototyping.
- Solid understanding of effective and efficient UI design.
- Ability to effectively communicate; outstanding presentation skills highly desired.
- Ability to work in a fast paced "start-up type" environment.
- Proficiency/experience with Sketch, Invision, Zeplin (or equivalent), and Adobe Creative Suite; Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and current practices for responsive design.
- Knowledge of motion design or prototyping apps (Invision, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, Justinmind, etc.)
Big on Benefits:
The Perks? Glad you asked...
- 100% Company Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision (100% EE/50% DEP)
- 100% Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Participation
- Continuing Education Contributions
- HSA Employer Contributions and FSA Options
- Parental Leave Program
- Paid Time Off
- Complimentary Madison Reed Products + Discounts on Hair Color Bar Services
- Company sponsored events
- But wait, there's more...
We are Madison Reed.
We're disrupting a $50 billion industry.
Since 2013, we've offered our clients the option to truly own their beauty with a revolutionary choice-your place or ours? At home hair color or Hair Color Bar services? Our business is truly omnichannel, with the option to order or subscribe through our website, pick up in store at our Hair Color Bars, or make an appointment at one of our Hair Color Bar locations (over 20 & growing). At our Hair Color Bars, clients can choose from a variety of color services from licensed cosmetologists-permanent hair color, roots only, hair gloss, highlights and more. With the launch of our men's line in 2020, we're shaking up the $50 billion hair care industry with products that continue to raise the bar for doing your own hair at home.
We live our values.
Here at our San Francisco headquarters and in every Hair Color Bar nationwide, we truly live our values-Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Our values inform everything we do, from how we treat our clients to how we treat every member of our fast-growing team. Our founder & CEO, Amy Errett, has fostered a one-of-a-kind culture based on transparency, accountability, and fun; where diversity and inclusion are of utmost importance and every team member feels supported to succeed.
We are hair color that breaks the rules.
Our commitment to the ultimate client experience, paired with our dedication to product innovation and the latest beauty technology, has attracted a devoted, consistently-growing base of fans, converts, and color evangelists. We love what we do-and it shows.
Join us in our mission to live life colorfully and make personal care more personal.
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion Found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we live by.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.