Here’s the scoop:
This role will work with a team of engineers to develop and implement various artificial intelligence applications. The ideal candidate is adept at the design and configuration of big data technologies.
As a lead, you’ll help set the direction for where we go. This role will have both a lot of freedom and a lot of responsibility, so you’ll need to be a motivated self-starter with a lot of initiative. We’ll look to you to help us figure out where we can best apply your skills - from extracting additional value from over a billion records in a multi-terabyte index to categorizing customers to making our NLP processing for search better. This job is largely what you make it.
A unique part of this position will be working deeply with a world-class full-stack JS team - which means an ideal candidate would be excited about doing as much ML as possible in JS. This will likely result in meaningfully furthering the state of the art.
What You’ll Do:
- Help set the direction for the company’s data and ML practice - from identifying opportunities in the data all the way through implementation and production support.
- Design and develop machine learning and statistical models, and other data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and extract insights from structured and unstructured data.
- Extract, manage and analyze complex data.
- Execute all steps in the analytic process to produce high quality, production-ready ML models.
- Build, evaluate and integrate new models that add intelligence into our core product.
- Design tests for machine learning algorithm effectiveness and performance monitoring.
- Disseminate work in peer-reviewed papers, conference presentations or patents where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the business needs.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or a related field is required. A background in cognitive science, ML, AI is a plus.
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience developing production big data, machine learning, and/or AI applications.
- Experience with TensorFlow or equivalent ML package (TensorFlow.js preferred).
- Understanding of functional programming (solid lodash or ramda experience may be sufficient, real Category Theory for bonus points).
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Exposure to NoSQL (Mongo, ElasticSearch, and/or Redis Preferred).
** This is a remote opportunity ( Must be in FL, TX, NV, NC, SC, or Iowa)**
SmartProcure/GovSpend is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, retaining, and promoting qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship, military status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any category protected by federal, state or local law.