amazon web services
Bitcoin Depot is seeking a Manager of Software Development to lead the day to day activities of our development efforts. Prior experience in leading a software development team in an early stage company is required. The right candidate will establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software. Bitcoin Depot is a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for success and a proven record of successful systems implementation.
Bitcoin Depot is one of the largest multi-cryptocurrency ATM Networks in the world offering the ability to buy and sell Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum instantly at hundreds of locations. Our mission is to provide the most secure, convenient, and fastest cryptocurrency transaction. Our vision is to bring the cryptocurrency market to the masses.
- Define and deliver on technology initiatives including product enhancements and new features, infrastructure optimization and expansion, purpose-built cloud platform integrations, and software development process improvements and efficiencies.
- Direct strategic development, management and deployment of software development and QA resources whether internal, outsourced domestic or offshore
- Lead the Agile process including daily stand-ups and weekly product roadmap reviews.
- Transform business requirements into software priorities.
- Communicate sprint release details and solicit feedback as needed.
- Provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software.
- Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management.
- Resize the technology team commensurate with the business needs.
- Explore outsource development opportunities.
- Coordinate with outsource IT organization.
- Foster cross-organization collaboration by the software team members with the rest of the organization.
- Adopt Agile technologies and practices by end of Q2 2021
- Attract and hire 1 or 2 more world class talented team members and build a high performing team by end of Q2 2021
- Document Software development roadmap for 2021 developments by end of Q1 2021
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
- 5 years of hands on software development experience plus 3 years of management of software development teams
- 3 years project management experience
- Full stack experience work with databases, servers, systems engineering, and business and client analysis
- Expertise in Java/JVM software tools/technologies, common back-end languages (perl, Python, PHP, etc.), mobile development (Swift, C#) and databases (MySQL, SQLServer, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.) AWS Infrastructure.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team building skills and ability to motivate others
- Team player mindset and willingness to collaborate
- Competitive Salary
- 401K Matching
- Generous PTO
- Health Benefits offered with company contribution towards premiums
- Wellness benefits
- Casual dress environment when in office
- Monthly company celebrations
- Advancement opportunities based on results
- Weekly catered lunches with first in line positioning for Taco Tuesdays
- Premium coffee and tea provided by Buckhead Beans
- Sit-Stand Desks in Office