The Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for creating best in-class online experience on q.com, an online platform for delivering premier fiber-based connectivity to residents and small businesses. They will have opportunity to deliver the analytics driven experience on top-class SaaS platforms like SalesForce.com & Zuora. This role requires a love of learning and problem solving, and the ability to guide a team towards implementing architectures and solutions.
The Main Responsibilities
- Own the strategy and execution of an excellent and intuitive user experience on our platform
- Lead a team of software engineers (employees & contractors) in building and maintaining customer-centric modern web/mobile apps to provide rich and highly interactive experience
- Collaborate with business to define customer journey, SEO best practices and website strategic roadmaps.
- Aid in viable product development and oversee product catalogs and standards
- Manage all website and related tertiary systems/services enhancements testing, and reporting on performance, availability, and customer conversion.
- Collaborate with the product owner and their team to prioritize delivery and clarify requirements in terms of testability, consistency, and completeness.
- Advocate, adopt and coach their team on lean, agile, and DevOps engineering practices.
- Support team members through areas but not limited to career growth, performance reviews, and blocker removal.
- Acts as a servant leader to support their team.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Creative and strategic thinker with a strong customer orientation.
- Possess a solid understanding of e-commerce frameworks.
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to manage multiple projects/competing priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and seek to drive best practices and efficiencies.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, thrive in matrix environments and are adept at building relationships with different stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Graduate Degree in Marketing, Sales, Information Systems, Merchandising, or similar field.
- 3+ years of E-commerce platform experience.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Experience in Micro Front end and building microservices in a cloud environment such as GCP/AWS.
- Preferred experience in B2C implementations on SalesForce Commerce Cloud and SalesForce stack
- Preferred experience in DevOPS platforms like Copado, Jenkins, etc.
- Preferred experience in monitoring/analytics platform like Splunk, AppD etc