Headquarters: The Internet
In this role, you will:
- Write clear marketing copy to promote Knack’s platform among potential customers and partners
- Produce a variety of content types, including blog and social media posts, case studies, newsletters, website content, white papers and thought leadership editorials. Bonus points if you have video experience!
- Coordinate with marketing team to specify, acquire or develop supporting illustrations such as stock imagery, screenshots, and video recordings
- Work to gain a deep understanding of the complexities of Knack’s platform and how it provides value in a variety of use cases
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to help increase web traffic
- Collaborate in steering of our content marketing initiatives
- Endeavor to understand where your readers are coming from, where they want to go, and how Knack can help them get there
- Assist in establishing Knack’s written voice, the personality behind the prose
- Proactively collaborate with Knacksters throughout the organization to get the information you need
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A bit of a geek. You love the nuances of technology and how it can help people.
- Empathetic. You understand your audiences’ needs and motivations, and can write to help address them.
- Experienced with writing both snappy copy and in-depth explorations, and understanding when each is best used.
- Passionate about quality and attention to detail. You consistently produce great copy by thinking deeply about value, soliciting feedback, and iterating quickly.
- Proven. A portfolio of published work, preferably in B2B SaaS, is required.
- Experienced with Content Management Systems like Wordpress.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging - but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
- We’re bootstrapped: we’ve had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
- We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
- We’re all a little weird: and we like it that way. We’re more than just chat avatars; we’ve all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
- We enjoy the journey: we’re in this for the long haul. We’re not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We’re building something we’re proud of and want to keep improving on.
Benefits & Perks
- Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It’s not about separation, it’s about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You’ll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line PC or MacBook
- Long term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what's important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, books, and workshops.
- Attend industry conferences that are meaningful to you.
How To Apply