Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in marketing or growth roles at hyper growth startups.
- You have experience using content, SEO, social and/or performance marketing to grow revenue or other relevant KPIs.
- You are data-informed, and comfortable with setting up tracking, diving into Google Analytics, or doing an INDEX MATCH in Google Sheets.
- You are familiar with no-code tools like Zapier, Airtable, and excited about automations.
- You can think in systems, and gravitate towards building things that run on their own.
- You have ample experience building and managing a marketing team.
- You are a proactive, effective communicator, and excited about working in a diverse, distributed team.
- You have a positive-sum mentality, and you’re equally excited about rolling up your sleeves to get something done, or reflecting on our Marketing strategy and big picture.
- Month 1. Onboard to the company, get a big win under your belt by tackling one or two immediate priorities as an IC.
- From Month 1 to Month 3. Work closely with the Head of Go-to-Market to define the Marketing strategy and priorities for the rest of the quarter. Execute and put in place systems that generate top-of-funnel. Hire your first team member, onboard and delegate.
- From Month 3 to Month 6. Systems for top-of-funnel are fully built. You build a bigger team handling ops (social, content, etc.) reporting to you. Now you are working on supporting and driving new experiments.
- From Month 6 to Month 12. Completely own top-of-funnel Marketing (Awareness) and Communications and support other functions across the funnel (mostly Acquisition and Retention,)
Who you will be working with?
- As the Marketing Lead, you'll be reporting to and collaborating with the Head of Go-to-Market to define the Marketing strategy, cadence and KPIs. You’ll also be working with other teams (like Growth, or Experience) and a myriad of freelancers to execute your strategy.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Marc Andreessen, Keith Rabois, Chris Dixon, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We're small (~70 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.