BJ's Wholesale Club
-we will consider remote candidates for this role as well as recent college grads.
The Microsoft System Engineer position is responsible for complex planning, discovery, design, construction, testing, implementation and operations/support of Intel based IT Systems and solutions. This includes, but not limited to: vSphere 5.x - 6.x, Active Directory, Cloud (Azure, AWS), SSO, ADFS, Office 365, Citrix, SCCM 2012\2016, and Windows Server 2003 - 2016. Design, test, implement and upgrade software and hardware solutions. Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain application support documentation, and assist in developing, testing, documenting, and implementing system failure and recovery procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Document server and various Technology problems to resolution for future reference.
- Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies, ensure and maintain systems compliance to stated policies.
- Provide on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Take ownership of outstanding issues and establish a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- Provide vision and direction to improve process reliability, performance and service level agreements.
- Candidates must have 1+ years of system administration experience.
- Primary skillset: strong technical knowledge in Active Directory, Cloud (Azure or AWS), SSO, ADFS, Office 365, Citrix, SCCM 2012, and Windows Server 2003 thru 2016. Experience with enterprise wide Active Directory implementations and networking principles are a must. Ability to automate routine or recurring activities via PowerShell or other scripting tools is required. Must be able to create documents, spreadsheets, and detailed drawings using MS Office Suite and Visio.
- Secondary skillset: demonstrated technical knowledge and architect level expertise in: Cisco UCS, Nutanix, EMC Storage, vSphere 5.x - 6.x.
- Certifications: MCA, MCE, VCP, MCSE
- Experience with PCI 3.x a strong plus.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills are required plus the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred. Equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related field will be considered