We’re on the lookout for mega passionate Frontend Devs that are advocates for scalable code and the Jamstack way of life. You’ll need around 3 - 4 years of industry experience and will be working on such a variety of projects all using the latest tech (more on that later).
- Salary - Based on ability and experience
- Hours - Full time and the option to work from home
- Kit - 13” specked up Macbook Pro and if you’re in the office then a 27” Thunderbolt display. We all have the same here so we can move into different teams.
- Holiday - 5.6 weeks including bank holidays + an extra day for your birthday.
- Location - Hitchin, Herts. A great little independent market town full of unique and creative outlets. Our office is 10 mins walk from the station and 5 mins walk from the centre of town.
Your development at Insites
We bloody love development here at Insites so you’ll be surrounded by other industry experts and learn a lot from the other developers here. The big thing for us is that you're passionate about digital so we’ll help you specialise in an area, support it and fuel it. That can be node.js, three.js or just being the world’s best sass mixin extraordinaire.
We involve everyone from start to finish so you’ll be needed in a planning session at the start of a project, be involved in the overall architecture and your ideas will be taken into account always. Collaboration is a big part of what we do here.
Types of projects you ask?
It’s varied and no two projects are the same which is how we like it. For example the last 3 projects we shipped were a fitness video subscription streaming platform, a headless Wordpress recruitment jobs board built with Next.js and a Gatsby frontend connected to a Strapi CMS install for a major healthcare brand. Madness.
Our Core tech stack
- CMS: Strapi
Who are we looking for?
So you’re loving the way the modern web is heading. You love amazing interfaces and attention to detail, like you’re inquisitive about how someone has achieved a nice feature or just appreciate the effort required to get something to look as good as it does.
You have developed some amazing technical skills and continue to learn fast so you feel ready to start taking the lead on small to medium projects, but perhaps don’t currently have the opportunity to progress.
It may even be that your ideas or suggestions aren’t valued where you are now or you want to put your new skills into practice but simply don’t get the chance to.
What skills do you need to be successful here at insites?
- HTML & SCSS - a very comprehensive understanding or modular scss, modern techniques and features as well as being super disciplined in this area. When we say replicate the designs it means exact.
- JS Frameworks - Working with Next.js and React based frameworks
- Production Ready Sites - expert knowledge of what takes to make a site ready for production and have this within your workflow from the off. Image optimisation and code efficiency are key
- Build tools - Using tools like webpack and snowpack in your workflow
Who are you?
You are intelligent, motivated and hard-working. You care about developer excellence, user interface design and want to build technology that helps improve people's lives. A true problem solver. We do things properly here, and you do too.
You identify root causes, and don’t just patch over what you see. Enjoy your work and next stop learning.
The application process
Apply for the gig and we’ll review your application. Send in your CV, examples of your work and if you have a github profile with up to date code then that’s a great start.
We’ll invite you for a chat
If we like the look of your application, the examples you’ve provided and feel you’ll be a good fit then we’ll arrange a date for chat. We’ll get to know each other as well as ask you to take us through some of your work.
The Technical Test
A short 4 hour technical test. You can find a copy of that here. The idea here is not to finish but be proud of what you’ve produced. See how you go.
After a successful test we’ll book an interview. This is a bit more formal and if you’re local we’ll host at Insites HQ in Hitchin, otherwise it’ll be a video call.
You’ll get to meet our PM Nathan and our Technical Director Mark. The aim of this meeting is to understand your technical abilities and your professional skills.. We’ll go through your test and ask some more in-depth questions.
We have worked extremely hard to build a family of incredibly talented, industry leading individuals that come together willing to ensure what they do has an impact on a better future. From architects; strategists; designers; UX experts. We are a small and versatile team of 8 digital specialists.
Insites all came together back in 2014 and we have been on a very yellow path since. We’re big on quality and delivering high-end applications all whilst collaborating with our amazing team. We always do the right thing and don’t take ourselves too seriously. Come and say Hi!