Prometheum is building the first compliant ecosystem for digital asset securities (blockchain securities). DASs can be created on our network when a company raises capital via Prometheum’s issuance platform. Those assets (as well as other compatible assets) can be freely traded on our ATS (a trading venue), where our technology integrates with clearing, settlement and custody via the Prometheum Blockchain and other partner technologies.
This position will join the Prometheum technology team to build and manage tools for investors, Broker Dealers, blockchain validators and other network participants. We are a remote-first team with contributors spread out in the US. This opportunity is for someone with experience working from home and effectively collaborating via modern group messaging and video conferencing tools.
Job Details - NodeJS Settlements Engineer
We are looking for a back-end engineer who is motivated to bring their skills and experience working in settlements, payments or related fin-tech areas to our technology stack. Responsibilities will include working with technical leadership and other developers to implement post-trade settlement functionality within our NodeJS-based back end architecture. You will be working with internal and external parties to integrate with blockchain systems and APIs as well as the FIX (Financial Information eXchange) protocol.
- 7+ years’ experience building, leading and maintaining multi-layer, services-oriented applications for settlements, payments or a similar fin-tech service
- Extensive experience of NodeJS and common packages, architectures
- Experience designing, maintaining and expanding APIs via REST, WebSocket and other technologies
- Experience building tool chain applications, agents, services, server and client applications in NodeJS or similar
- Thorough working knowledge (and preferably DBA experience) working with a variety of database, NoSQL and other storage technologies in NodeJS (at least including PostgreSQL and Redis)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Experience with the following is also beneficial:
- Message queues
- Blockchain, cryptocurrency and smart contracts
- FIX protocol