IT Trailblazers, LLC
Job Title: OpenShift Engineer/Architect
As an OpenShift Engineer/Architect you will be responsible for the completion of platform implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, and support of applications on OpenShift for our clients.
- Deploy OpenShift across single and multicloud implementations
- Support environmental configurations and operational best practices
- Develop CI/CD deployments to OpenShift environments
- A total 10+ Years of Experience in IT with 3+ years with OpenShift or Kubernetes
- 3 years as an expert in application containerization management.
- OpenShift and Kubernetes administration and operational support
- Strong DevSecOps design and implementation knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of best practices around deployment of microservices architectures, message/event driven architectures, service mesh
- Desired additional skills include:
- Helm Chart design and development
- OpenShift Operators
- Tekton pipelines
- Service Mesh
- AMQ / Kafka
- EFK Log aggregation
- Postgress, Graphana
- Jager, Kiali
- Quay Container Registry
- Kubernetes Security practices (StackRox)
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
- Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence
- Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing
- Ability to conduct/lead oral stattechnical interchange meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements