About the team:
Bitso is seeking a highly creative, clever, achieving, team player and confident engineer to join as a Payments Software Engineer on the Payments Chapter.
As a Payments Software Engineer, you write and ship code for our most important services in our financial ecosystem integration backbone. This includes being the guardian and owner not only of the code, but of the whole process involved from the design to the final delivery as well. You will be incorporating new currencies (both Crypto and Fiat) into the Bitso ecosystem, ensuring the accuracy of all transactions, solving business and customer common problems, give new solutions proposals, Engage on code reviews with other teammates, be part of our Agile environment, and internal project development focused on data-analysis or inter-team enabling. The position is limited only by imagination and capability.
In Bitso, your highly valued ideas will be translated into solutions that will be shipped immediately and its impact far reaching. You will have freedom to be creative and also put the best of your abilities in a challenging environment by working efficiently while being a team player to help accomplish our Big Hairy Audacious Goal.
- Object Oriented Design (Java and Spring mostly)
- Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development (Experience with tools like Mockito, Spock, Cucumber etc)
- API Design and Testing.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment. (Experience with tools like maven, gradle, jenkins, Spinnaker are a great fit)
- Design Patterns (Behavioural, Structural and Creational)
- Software Architectures and System Design.
- Databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Understanding of Cloud Architectures,Microservices and Distributed Systems
- Containerization (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Have experience in collaborating and being part of high performing teams based on an Agile Environment, planning and shipping new products.
- Have solid experience in Financial or Cryptocurrency software development
- Act as a mentor within the team and with other function.
- A conceptual understanding of the operations of cryptocurrencies and payment on-ramp/off-ramp fundamentals
- Responsible for building and maintaining payment rails
- Understand the requirements of Bitso's products
- Design and implement software tests
- Engage on code reviews to maintain the highest level of quality standard.
- Help and correct bugs on our financial platform.
- Drive new feature development cooperatively with the Agile Squad.
- Architect solutions and improvement to scale our product and financial platforms.
- Ship high performance code designed for high scale, high growth, high visibility markets for every day hundreds of thousands of users.
- Assure the integrity, solvency, and security of the exchange.