- Remains current on legislation and regulatory rulings that impact payroll or payroll tax to ensure compliance.
- Establishes payroll processing standards, timeframes, and communications to effectively and efficiently handle all tax obligations with tax partners
- Creates processes and systems to recommend methods to continuously improve the design and production of payroll and compliance functions.
- Provide support for tax audits and answer inquiries from various taxing jurisdictions.
- Research, interpret and understand existing or revised tax codes, laws, or forms.
- Develops recommendations and cost-benefit analysis to effectively align strategic initiatives with payroll and business operations.
- Performs tax reconciliations and determines liability for accounts, divisions, or business units.
- Provides analysis, advice, and counsel to business leaders about the impacts of regulatory changes.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with in-house counsel for definitive rulings and guidance on compliance issues and audit requests.
- Defines, clarifies, and drives a common understanding of the business process for project success.
- Prepares and delivers effective organizational change management and communication.
- Manages relationships with internal clients and all stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Works across organizational functions and boundaries and builds internal networks to effectively implement payroll solutions.
- At least six years of payroll experience in an automated timekeeping environment and in a multi-state environment to include payroll tax filing.
- 3-5 years payroll leadership experience.
- Independent problem-solving in an automated environment.
- Performs work with a high degree of latitude.
- Possesses expert knowledge in payroll tax.
- Payroll certification desired.
- Logical, linear, systematic thinking.
- Self-starter and self-learner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume, quickly changing environment
- Passionate about continuous learning and serves as an effective change agent to grow skillsets and talents within the organization while accomplishing key initiatives and projects.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.