Canonical is seeking a data analyst with a passion and an exceptional eye for emerging talent to join our team.
Canonical provides a unique window into the world of 21st-century digital business. We work with smart individuals from a wide range of professional backgrounds in more than 40 countries worldwide, bringing together distinct and diverse perspectives to contribute to the advancement of state-of-the-art technical infrastructure. Our team is united by a passion for open engineering and a commitment to crisp, reliable execution which enables us to exceed our customers expectations when it comes to next-generation open source technology.
As a remote-first global company, our talent team supports the development of a global workforce. Were a lean operation, committed to helping Canonical rapidly identify and engage with the most exceptional candidates regardless of geographical location. Talent analytics are a key driver of the success of our recruitment programs. Building better and more easily understood qualitative measures of our workforce, people and talent programs helps our teams be more successful in their jobs,
What youll do:
- Work with stakeholders from across the company to understand and manage the headcount plan,
- Build the story of talent progression - develop resources to manage the flow of talent, and provide data driven insights into the health and development of our global programs.
- Influencing the strategic vision and direction of workforce management from a data driven perspective
- Build strong partnerships and collaboration with peers, planning and programs teams, and global business partners
- Elevate our candidate evaluation practices - help us make better decisions faster
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to reach untapped talent on a global scale
- Strategize, plan and develop efficient, responsive, and compliant recruitment process and workflow
- Review and streamline internal processes and tools - embrace lean operations and drive continuous improvement
Who you are:
- Experience with Tableau, SQL, Python, R, VBA, Excel, or other data manipulation tools
- Experience working in Workforce Planning, Recruiting Analytics or similar function
- Self-directed, organized, a problem solver, with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and meet goals and deadlines
- Strong understanding of the application of statistics in business, such as forecasting, machine learning, causations and correlations
- Flexible & adaptable - able to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced changing work environment
- Familiar with full cycle recruiting processes and willing to jump in wherever help is needed
- Great written and verbal communication skills, work integrity, and honesty
- Experience supporting international recruitment
- BS/BA or above in a technical field
- Strong experience with HRIS
- Working knowledge of ATS tools, sites and technologies (Greenhouse preferred)
- Good discretion and judgment
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the worlds computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.