atform Engineer SUSE
google cloud platform
amazon web services
Open Source is in our genes. Open means more than shared source code to us. It’s a philosophy and approach ingrained in everything we do. It’s how we develop software, how we work with partners and customers, and how we engage with communities. Most of all, it’s about keeping our minds open to new
Leveraging our Linux heritage, we deliver the truly open open-source solutions, flexible business practices, and exceptional service that supports our customers’ digital transformation demands. We embrace open source to create flexible solutions that are hardened and secured for the most demanding environments.
Developing and delivering our open source solutions into the Public Cloud is an enormous challenge, and for that purpose, SUSE has the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE).
- Manages landing zones for public cloud providers and creates automation to integrate them into business processes and tooling. Enables internal users by providing access, training, consulting, and architectural reviews.
- Establishes internal policies, processes, and supports Cloud Governance practices.
- Aligns cloud offerings for the larger organizational strategy.
- What you can expect:
- You’ll implement, document, and mature our landing zones in various cloud providers, including developing custom integrations to connect our finance
- /governance/security tooling.
- You’ll work closely with various internal development teams and enable them to consume cloud resources.
- You’ll create and promote cloud governance, policies, best practices, and reference architecture documents.
- You’ll advise teams in their adoption of cloud-native and twelve-factor patterns.
- You’ll learn to work with multiple cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, Linode, Digital Ocean and more)
What we expect from you:
- You’re passionate about learning new technologies related to Cloud.
- You have experience in Linux system administration and a programming language, for example Python, Ruby, or Go.
- You have basic knowledge about cloud-native and twelve-factor patterns.
- You have previous experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- You’re fluent in English, written and verbal.
- You care for your team and its success.
- You document your work and maintain it.
- You like to work with others to achieve best-in-class solutions.
- You challenge the status quo to drive outstanding quality.
- You’re open to giving and receiving feedback.
- You’re willing and able to share your knowledge.
- You’re willing to always learn new things.
- You want to become part of the team that is revolutionizing the way we consume the cloud and spreads SUSE’s open-source mindset across the globe.
- You want to become a multi-cloud architect and innovate the way we deal with the cloud.
Why working at SUSE is great:
- Amazing 25+ years of experience in open source and Linux
- Riding the wave of new trends in technology
- The multinational company full of experienced and amazing professionals
- Open source is everywhere in our daily job- Flexible working time
- Customer first policy. We care about our customers and we mean it!
- DevOps and SRE culture. We constantly shrink the gap between Dev and Ops via overcommunication, appropriate tools and shared codebase, we
- never stop improving our infrastructure
- Infrastructure as code - we don’t trust our memory, we test and then run
- Agile software development values and principles. We constantly learn how to deliver more value and work smarter, not harder