C2 Educational Systems Inc.
PRODUCT MANAGER - DIGITAL LEARNING
C2 EDUCATION - THE COMPANY
C2 Education is the nation’s leading company focused on helping students achieve acceptance into the college of their dreams. We have helped over 100,000 middle and high school students through personal tutoring for SAT/ACT test preparation, schoolwork grade improvement, and college admissions counseling. These services are delivered through our network of over 150 centers in 14 states; and our 1,200+ dedicated employees all focused on helping students succeed.
C2 Education has some of the most skilled teachers in the country. Our teachers score at or above the 95th percentile in the subjects they teach and complete extensive training.
C2’s curriculum for the SAT, ACT, AP tests, math, reading, and writing is unique and comprehensive. Our proprietary SAT curriculum alone contains over 10,000 study questions.
We believe that every student has great potential for academic and personal growth. We are so much more than a test prep center. Our teachers, personalized curricula, and college counseling resources set us apart, with most of our students succeeding in getting into the top colleges in the country.
Over the past year in the face of the COVID pandemic, C2 Education transitioned to 100% virtual class delivery. In recent months we have begun pivoting to hybrid delivery, with both virtual and in-center teaching. This combination is a key differentiator, with our customers’ desire to combine both learning approaches for their children.
Our Mission: “At C2, we believe in our students and in their potential for greatness. We take students towards their dreams. C2 helps our students and their families benefit from a better education, now and always.”
This is a brand new role with significant impact on C2 Education. This role is an exciting opportunity to help drive the digital transformation of C2 alongside creating a brand new digital product experience to enable even greater success and customer satisfaction for C2’s customers. The product manager role will be responsible for supporting the vision and build of a new digital and hybrid learning portal for C2. This person will be responsible for contributing to the development and delivery of the end-to-end digital user experience for students, tutors, and center directors, oversight of the platform build, and will support the ongoing development of key features, prioritized against a roadmap. Once the platform launches the product manager will manage the day to day operation of the digital site, and will continue to evaluate and address the evolving digital needs of the business.
Working closely under the direction of the Vice President, Operations Services, the product manager supports the growth, scale, and expansion of the virtual center and hybrid digital experience. This position works remotely, and may be required to work extended hours, including, evenings, weekends, and holidays at certain points throughout the year. This position will also be required to travel and work on site as needed.
Top priorities include:
· Overseeing the development and management of the new platform and ensuring that it is user friendly and easy to navigate.
· Working between marketing, operations and educational groups to synthesize the digital needs of the business, and then put those plans into action.
· Creating and managing the ongoing product roadmap based on priorities set by a newly formed digital steering group within the organization ensuring all stakeholders needs are met.
· Managing the digital project workflows across functions to ensure seamless integration, that all technical and data requirements are met, and that they are executed on time and in budget.
Skills, experience and required qualifications
· 5+ years of experience and a track record of success in a combination of digital delivery, digital product ownership, and digital product management in digital education.
· Experience with digital product development and rapid team transformation and change.
· Direct, recent experience delivering online and mobile digital product experiences.
· Extensive experience developing against a digital roadmap and growing digital audience
· Experience managing a cross-functional team successfully.
· Experience in leading cross-functional teams as a self-starter who thrives in fast-paced work.
· A natural collaborator with excellent communication skills, equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership.
· Experience in 3rd party software licensing and contract management.
· Solid understanding of digital product development best practices including, agile, UCD, interface design, lean, A-B testing, and software development and deployment.
· Strong analytic skills and the ability to balance intuition with data in making decisions.
· Experience managing content-driven products in B2B and B2C environments preferred.
· Legal authorization to work in the United States.
*Benefits for this job include paid time off for vacation, personal and sick time, program discounts, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k options*
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the priorities, skills and abilities required to do the job.
C2 Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C2 Education complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has operations. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.