Percona Staffing LLC
Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL provides the best and most critical enterprise components from the open-source community, in a single distribution, designed and tested to work together.
You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a fast moving and high quality development environment for Percona and its customers.
Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required. Flexible work hours.
What You Will Do
- Assist in the design and implementation of improvements to PostgreSQL and related components
- Create and submit patches for review, perform periodic source code merges from other open source repositories
- Develop test cases for continuous integration deployment
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Diagnose and fix defects in PostgreSQL and related components
- Create documentation about your work that is consumable and can be refined by our documentation team
- Be part of the PostgreSQL developer community, representing Percona as a PostgreSQL contributor
- Share your knowledge by attending and speaking at related conferences and writing blog posts about your work, participating in our public forums
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on C development experience and related tools / build processes (e.g. gcc/autoconf/automake)
- Distributed system development and/or database server development
- Fluent in developer tools like git, gcc, gdb
- Scripting languages like Perl and Shell scripting
- Working autonomously in a globally distributed organization
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Hands-on knowledge of PostgreSQL internals
- Being an active member of the PostgreSQL developer community
- Having a track record of contributing to PostgreSQL or other open source projects
- Proven success working in a distributed environment
- Experienced conference speaker, technical blog writer, activity on public forums or mailing lists