At Bridge Partners, we're growth leaders and execution experts. We deliver world class marketing solutions and project leadership services to help our customers transform and grow. We are committed to creating opportunity for our people and driving impact for our customers. We are trusted advisors to our clients, their customers, and their partners, supporting both established global companies and high growth technology, telco, and digital industry leaders.
You will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, management and support of BI products and services. This includes applying thorough knowledge of the technical environment from data source connection through to visualization creation and insight delivery. You will primarily partner with a BI Specialist to gather technical requirements, improve performance and optimize performance on existing models across multiple data sources (SQL, Data Cubes, Data Lakes) for exiting PBI reports, and add new data from Azure Subscriptions, Azure Environments & Data Bricks. A specific focus for this role will be the technical know-how to connect to new data sources and optimize the performance of existing dashboards (70%). This role will also focus on data visualization using Power BI as well as be able to create measures (i.e., Knowing DAX functions) to support the front-end piece of the work approximately 30% of the time.
This role is remote and can be located in any US state, however many key responsibilities as well as occasional team mixers and other fun and informative virtual events will be based on Pacific time (PST) so willingness and capability to work in this time zone is required. Bridge Partners will supply laptop.
How you'll contribute
- Work directly with internal teams (BI Specialist, Practice Director, Client Directors) to develop and deliver BI architecture, products, and services
- Design the most efficient, accurate, and scalable BI solution that allows for clear and insightful description of the relevant business outcome or behavior
- Technical know-how to connect new data sources into existing models and reports. (SQL, Data Cubes, Data Lakes, Azure Subscriptions, Azure Environments & Data Bricks)
- Proactively identify opportunity to improve an existing BI process, communicating these opportunities to internal teams as well as client teams where relevant
- Ensure ongoing performance and maintenance of BI solutions, implementing requested changes and suggesting optimal approaches where necessary
- Excellent ability to architect data structures and design a dashboard structure with the right visuals and tables that provide the best insight for the business question
- Be able to proactively identify key data issues that impact the overall quality of resulting insight
- Ability to decipher technical requirements into a BI process, ask the right questions to clarify where requirements are not clear
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences, describing a BI solution from end to end
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Be deadline-oriented with an ability to develop multiple solutions for a single assignment
- Curiosity about data and the stories that can be created, with an eye for accuracy and common-sense outcomes
Your skills and approach
- 5+ years' hands-on experience with SQL, Data Cubes, Data Lakes, Azure Subscriptions, Azure Environments & Data Bricks.
- 5+ years' hands-on experience with Power BI
- 3+ years in consultative role (either with a consulting firm or serving as internal consultant to various business groups) that required understanding a business problem ahead of designing or re-designing a solution
- Thorough knowledge of data quality issue identification and management
- Ability to think creatively and brainstorm solutions that match the level of complexity and constraints that are always prevalent in data gathering, transferring, and visualizing
- A portfolio or previous work, demonstrating data architecture and storytelling with data
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Management, BI, Analytics, Data Science, Economics, or similar preferred
- Proficient in Word, with a working knowledge of PowerPoint. Thorough knowledge of Excel
At Bridge Partners we live by our values, which include authenticity. We actively seek out and hire employees from diverse backgrounds to add their authentic voice to our company; we succeed when we create space for people from every background, gender, race, age, religion, ability, and orientation. If you are looking for a place to grow and share your authentic voice, we strongly encourage you to apply for our open positions. We need you and have a space for you to thrive at Bridge Partners. Bridge Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to every resume we receive. Thank you for your understanding.
Power BI Developer