amazon web services
Principal Engineer - Leading SaaS Provider of Casting and Audition Management
Company: Casting Networks
Position: Principal / Architect Software Engineer
HQ: Los Angeles, CA but this is a REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.S or Canada
Base Salary: $160k - $200k (dependent on level of experience & work location) + 10% annual bonus + 401k match
Casting Networks is the leading technology solution provider for casting and auditioning to the entertainment industry. Our software is used by thousands of casting directors in Hollywood and other places across the world on a daily basis. More than 1.2 million performers have used Casting Networks to schedule 14 million auditions since 2002. We’re looking for a Principal Backend Architect to help us to develop new features from the ground up, maintain existing ones, and improve the codebase.
What you bring:
- At least 10 years of experience as a software engineer.
- At Least 4 years of experience in Nodejs
- Expert knowledge and production experience with Nodejs, TypeScript.
- Good knowledge in Single Page applications developed using React(+hooks) /React+Redux is a plus
- Production experience working with Apollo GraphQL Server.
- Strong working knowledge in distributed event-driven messaging architecture/platform
- Strong knowledge in data access layer especially ability to work with stored procedure and PostgreSQL
- Established and stimulated software development standards and processes along with best practices for the delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
- Production experience with AWS stack
- Production experience working with Nest Js framework.
- Fluent English speaker
Your the ideal candidate if you have:
- Experience working with OOP languages.
- Experience designing and developing Microservices and SOA.
- Experience working with AWS Kinesis, Lambda, SQS, S3, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, Docker & Terraform
- Experience designing and building high-performance scalable web services.
- Experience in REST API design and implementation.
- Experience in unit testing, test automation, and continuous delivery.
- Experience with stream-processing and message-broker software.