This is a remote position. Applicants must provide documentation that they are eligible to work in the US.
Founded in 2013 and based in Lafayette, Louisiana, Waitr is a leader in on-demand food ordering and delivery. Waitr, along with Bite Squad and Delivery Dudes, connect local restaurants to hungry diners in underserved U.S. markets across three "local's favorite" brands. Together they are a convenient way to discover, order and receive great food from local restaurants, national chains and grocery stores. As of March 31, 2021, Waitr, Bite Squad and Delivery Dudes operate in small and medium sized markets in the United States in over 800 cities.
Required Education and Experience
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#, including object-oriented design
- 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Has a proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience operating large scale systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Cloud Architecture and design experience (AWS/Azure/Google) preferred.
- Experience with NodeJS, PHP/Symfony, ReactJS and Go.
- Experience in highly scalable, distributed enterprise-level systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Customer-Focused: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of service
Ownership: You take ownership of the problems you see and hold yourself accountable for solutions and delivery in a timely manner.
Nimble: You move fast and accurately in a dynamic environment
Innovator: Generates and recognizes creative solutions in varying work situations.
Team player: Collaboration and strong communication skills.
Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality results.
Forward-Thinking: Problem solver, do whatever it takes attitude
Strategic Thinker: Views events and possibilities from multiple perspectives. Understands the bigger picture and the interdependencies and effects of other systems.
Ethical: Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in the conduct of all activities.
Waitr, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Waitr, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Waitr, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.