Plotly Technologies Inc
About the Role
We’re building the next generation of data science tools for people that love data science. We work with some of the world’s largest organizations to help them succeed in analyzing their data and scaling their data science workloads.
We need your awesome talent to lead our techops efforts in building A-Grade applications and dataviz components to power these teams.
Downloaded 5 million times per month, Dash & Plotly are how AI, ML, and data science in Python are delivered to business users.
We’re a fun, growing, highly collaborative, creative team of people that love our craft. We care about diversity, equity, and helping each other succeed. We value communication, curiosity, kindness, passion, and a healthy, work-life balance. We are avid readers, hackers, architects, and data scientists.
If engineering excites you, and you think Plotly is the place for you, we’d love to chat further.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect and develop the core functionality of Plotly's enterprise products, with a particular focus on Dash application management capabilities within Kubernetes.
- Design multi-region software systems using infrastructure as code and infrastructure as software.
- Lead efforts to improve reliability, testing, chaos engineering, automation, observability, and performance throughout our stack.
- Own the production assets. Monitor and manage cloud costs. Respond to production incidents. Perform root cause analyses. Help coach other techops team members to do the same.
- Apply gitops, and other modern practices, to automate Plotly’s production assets.
- Identify and advocate for product, documentation, and engineering quality improvements
- Collaborate with multiple teams working on important customer features and our own significant internal development projects.
- Manage source control including GIT.
- Translating software requirements into stable, working, high performance software
- Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient micro services distributed architecture
- Security and SOC 2 compliance.
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure.
Technologies you’ll be working with:
- REST / GraphQL
- Kubernetes / Operators
- Redpanda / Kafka
- CockroachDB / PostgreSQL
- Crossplane / Terraform
- A minimum of 10 years or more of Linux systems administration and generalist networking experience.
- 3+ years of Kubernetes experience (5 years of experience preferred).
- 3+ years of software engineering (in any language).
- 2+ years of Golang.
- Ability to lead techops teams and coach other techops team members.
- Extensive expertise in cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Proficient with Docker, OCI images, containerized environments, and container security.
- Experience with reliability, testing, automation, observability, and performance in a cloud native environment.
- The ability to translate business concerns into technical implementations.
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively.
- Self-starter, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping software that improves the user experience and constantly improving your work with little supervision
Nice to Haves
- Deep Experience in the deployment of production-quality, scalable software.
- Familiarity with any of LDAP, SAML, Windows enterprise systems administration, public cloud environments, and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience with OpenShift.
What We Can Offer You:
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible work hours and generous paid time off
- A promote-from-within philosophy
- Health benefits
- Company stock options