Principal Software Engineer, Partner API Platform
Location: Berkeley, CA / Remote, US
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is an Enterprise Battery Intelligence (EBI) software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. World-leading brands — including global automakers in Detroit and Germany, household-name tech giants, and decacorn startups — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
Voltaiq is seeking a Principal Engineer to lead our initiative in building our API platform for our external and internal partners. You will work with product management and other engineers to help develop a powerful next-generation platform on top of a battery data platform that serves some of the world's biggest companies in automotive, consumer electronics, and battery manufacturing.
- Architect, build, test, and maintain APIs that our external and internal partners can securely access.
- Work with product managers and other engineering team members to design and implement a scalable platform that can meet our short-term needs and scale toward our long-term goals.
- Collaborate closely with other team members in creating a cohesive overall architecture and application.
- Estimate and complete work accordingly.
- Regularly review designs and code, and have your code reviewed by coworkers to ensure high quality.
- Participate in requirements refinement and planning meetings.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience designing and implementing SaaS Platform and API services.
- Expert-level experience with multiple API design approaches and best practices.
- Expert-level experience with applying security best practices to API Platforms.
- Experience working with large-scale, data-intensive web applications.
- In-depth experience writing architectural requirements and systems design documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely to engineering and non-engineering audiences.
- Documented and demonstrable experience in technical leadership roles leading platform and API teams.
- Working experience with database technologies (PostgreSQL or equivalent).
- Strong python programming skills
- Expert level experience with python web framework (we use django).
- Experience in streaming high volume of data.
- A passion for creating efficient, scalable platforms.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to remain up-to-date and quickly grasp new technologies.
- Knowledge of open source distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes is a plus.
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits. Our office is located in Berkeley, CA.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.