Headquarters: Birmingham, Alabama
- Design and help implement features that ship quickly and with high quality
- Create detailed mocks/specs of designs that follow and extend the existing style guide to allow engineers to build new features
- Raise the bar for product quality across our products by advocating for user-centered product roadmaps, new interface guidelines and design patterns, investments in refinement, polish and iteration, and insights driven by user research and customer feedback
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and use research to inform design solutions
- Compellingly communicate and present design solutions, across a range of mediums and fidelities, to stakeholders and other product designers, while defending design decisions and incorporating feedback into the design cycle
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, Engineering and Marketing teams to solve complex problems, humanize product ideas and develop these ideas into modern, simple and intuitive application designs and features
- Partner with engineers to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience
- Build software used by users all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. About half of our product, engineering, and design team work remotely, and as a company, we strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning (2012).
- 3+ years of experience with product design and/or user interface design in web, mobile-web, and iOS/Android apps, preferably within a fast-paced SaaS environment
- BA/BS degree in Design highly preferred (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, etc.)
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas at varying levels of resolution (sketches, low-fi mockups, hi-fi comps, interactive prototypes, etc.)
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration between Research, Design, Product, Engineering, Data Science and Marketing to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion (have designed and shipped software product)
- Highly skilled with design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop) to produce wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and prototypes
- Experience working on a multi-tenant SaaS app is preferred
- Ability to grasp and refine highly complex problems and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions, while exercising an extraordinary eye for typography, consistency, color, and subtle details
- Strong command of visual design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity and deep knowledge of modern web UI patterns
- Exceptional skills in the craft and execution of functional product design work, from high-level strategic direction down to UI design details and polish
- Expert understanding of user-centered design thinking and integrating products/services across a platform (thinking in terms of design systems, not just screens)
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, ideation, and examples of designs that you have developed from concept to completion