Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
Community banks and credit unions are the backbone of our communities and our economy. It’s our mission to make sure they can compete with the big banks and challengers when it comes to providing beautiful experiences to their customers. Help support this mission by joining our product team for Banno (www.banno.com) at Jack Henry & Associates. As a Product Design Manager, you will be responsible for both design and people leadership, crafting a variety of experiences that span across web, mobile, and beyond.
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness — the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have meaningful impact. We place a high value on individuals who are self-motivated and can work across the design disciplines of IA, UX, and visual design. Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work anywhere within the US.
This position will be hired from any Jack Henry Office or Remotely within the US.
- Minimum 7 years of end-to-end UX/UI design experience.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience with direct reports.
- Portfolio must exhibit a strong understanding of both UI/UX and visual design.
- Must have a portfolio link on your resume, or a combined resume and portfolio PDF in order to be considered for the position. If your portfolio is password protected, password must be provided to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to lead by example with a strong emphasis on empathetic listening, effective communication, and proactive problem solving.
- Experience with best practices and design patterns for web and mobile environments.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and constraints while designing thoughtful solutions.
- Conducts 1:1s with a small team of designers.
- Assist with project planning.
- Mentors and helps designers grow by providing timely feedback and assisting with goal setting.
- Partners with design leadership to create a productive and positive work environment.
- Acts as a resource to the organization by becoming a knowledge expert and design lead for the applications you and your team design for.
- Turns high level product requirements into workflows and designs.
- Creates clean, intuitive, and responsive interfaces with reusable design patterns.
- Creates wireframes and prototypes for testing, analysis, and review to ensure UX and technical business needs are met.
- Collaborates with product management, business analysts, and development to understand and establish user requirements.
- Creates detailed specifications to guide development teams.
- Confidently communicates the rationale of design decisions.
- Remains current on UI/UX trends and technology.
- Approaches design from a humble perspective that places a high level of importance on user empathy.
- Communicates effectively across small, interdisciplinary teams to foster a collaborative work environment.
- Rapidly iterates on design solutions based on feedback and technical needs.