avoMD is a software platform for next-gen clinical guidelines and pathways. By transforming complex medical guidelines into interactive apps that clinicians love, our technology ensures the practice of evidence-based medicine and enhances patient care. Some of our current partners include PM Pediatrics, the nation’s largest pediatric urgent care, and Samsung Medical Center, Korea’s 2nd largest hospital. We were recently accepted into 500 Startups and Startup Health, received a large investment from Columbia’s endowment, and won 1st place in Columbia and Penn Medicine’s annual startup competitions.
avoMD is a no-code platform for creating bot-based modules that help providers (physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses) make better decisions. Each module is functionally similar to buttons bots with conversational interfaces. The platform consists of two components: (1) the avoBuilder, a no-code authoring tool for these bot modules that allows clinician authors to collaboratively “drag and drop” their way to building and updating bots without coding. The avoBuilder is based on ReactJS/Django/PostgreSQL. (2) The PoC/Client App, a mobile and desktop app (available on iOS, Android, and desktop) for clinician end users who can open and access the bot modules created in the avoBuilder. This tool is based on React Native/Firebase.
avoMD is seeking an experienced product focused software engineer who can step in and lead development of our key product features in partnership with avoMD’s dynamic engineering team (which includes offshore developers), deliver timely solutions to the market, and collaborate with the product team and company founders.
The position can be remote and we are willing to offer competitive salary and equity compensation. We are looking for candidates who can start working immediately on a full-time basis.
The Product Engineer will focus on collaborating with our product team to translate product feature requirements into elegantly designed and built code that integrates seamlessly into the architecture of the avoMD platform. Additionally, this individual will get their hands dirty and manage and improve existing product code base within the platform.
- Collaboration with product: Translates product documentation and requirements into technical specifications and technical user stories for development.
- Projects + Engineering. Oversees the development, implementation and execution of multiple projects ensuring scope and schedule are established for projects; determines prioritization; acts based on changed priorities; can optimize scaling processes and architecture
- Technical. Technical lead who is willing to design, develop, and implement software components across the entire software stack
We anticipate the Lead Engineer will spend 30% of their time on people and team management and 70% of their time on technical work, including architecture/best practices management and hands-on development.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5+ years of software engineering experience working with agile product teams
- Experience with front end design and user experience prototyping
- Ability to translate product requirements into clean, scalable, efficient code
- Strong working proficiency in React Native and React JS
- Understanding of back-end technologies (we use Firebase and Django)
- Ability to think and plan strategically around scaling processes and architecture
- Comfortable managing a variable workload and taking ownership to get things done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus: Prior experience (i) at an early stage company and (ii) developing user-facing products