Headquarters: Minneapolis, MN
Modern Tribe is looking for a talented, detail oriented Product Owner with WordPress experience to join our team. The Product Owner’s primary role is to work with our clients to help focus business objectives, develop and interpret project goals, and translate them into executable plans for our teams. This requires a broad understanding of business strategy, software/website development, technology, how it can be used to accomplish objectives, and how that technology will intersect with individuals inside and outside of an organization. The Product Owner is one of the primary intersections with our clients – you are a face of our projects.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
What You’ll Do
- Guide the lifecycle of multiple projects, from inception to launch and beyond. Lead a team of engineers and creatives in sustaining, extending and evolving web and app platforms for high profile clients.
- Guide and shape project execution. Identify, document and translate requirements into executable plans that adhere to both timeline and budget.
- Co-own the customer relationship. Alongside with your Producer, steer the client through the project lifecycle and setting expectations.
Above and beyond your individual talents, we’re looking for someone to join our team. We’re a very collaborative bunch, eager for feedback. The work we execute is the product of the team. If you’re excited about learning from others, and helping others – you’ll find a good home here. If that sounds like you, get in touch.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work remotely with little-to-no supervision is a must
- Excited to be part of a team with the potential for a long term relationship
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- You have engineering experience. Perhaps you currently code full time or its something you have done in a past life. Either way, you understand engineering concepts at a level where you have a general idea of how complex tasks are and can competently channel the perspective of engineers who may not be present in the conversation.
- You are experienced with WordPress. While we work with a number of CMSs, this role will be working with large WordPress multisite networks. You understand how to architect and organize content and data within WordPress.
- You are an experienced leader of digital projects. You have guided teams who have launched large web or app projects and understand the full lifecycle of digital projects.
- You appreciate great design and engineering work. You understand what makes a great user experience (both the front-end user and the admins/editors). You collaborate with creative and engineering to ensure we do good work. If you approve work created by the team, we can assume it’s good work.
- You are a great communicator. You are adept at presenting to and leading enterprise stakeholders. You can translate complex ideas and conversations into clear summaries. You address issues directly with empathy and appropriate framing. You remain focused on mutually beneficial solutions.
- Experience with analytics analysis
- UX & IA Skills – wireframing tools, site mapping tools
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your timezone is outside of US business hours but you work at least 4+ hours of overlap each day, let's chat. You must be fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
This is a freelance contract about 15 – 20 hours per week. Pay range is USD $50-70 per hour commensurate with background, qualifications and experience. We often start our freelancers on a one time contract position (though we are always seeking long standing relationships with awesome people).
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips.)
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.